If you are a blogger you would know how important it is to use photos in your blog. It not only improves readability but also increases the click-through rate. Having relevant blog photos within your content will boost up your page ranking and also your content will be shared more in the social media.
So, how do you collect such photos? There are actually two options. You either buy it from sites who sell photos for use on the Internet or you take the photographs yourself. G Squared web design shares their experiences here and how they find images to design their sites.
If you choose to buy blog photos, you first need to find the websites that sell high-quality photos at a reasonable price. You need to find out whether they have the subject relevant photos you are looking for your blog. Here are some websites you might be interested to look at:
This site sells royalty-free photos and videos. Here you will get photos in different categories such as animals, abstracts, celebrities, cities, beauty, industrial, food and drink, health, nature, people, technology, and more.
iStock is another great site for buying photos for your blog. Here you will find royalty-free photos of nature, education, business, and lots of more categories. You will get a flexible plan to suit your budget.
Here you will get millions of photos in various categories that you can easily add to your blog. Just search for any topic in the search bar and you will be able to find quality photos almost on any niche.
If you are a regular blogger then you might have to spend a lot of money buying photos from these sites. The alternative option for you might be to take photos of yourself.
If you take photos of yourself you won’t have to spend so much money and it will also give you a sense of achievement. If you decide to take the photographs yourself, you should consider the following tips:
- Choose the subject matter of the photo carefully. It must match your blog content.
- You should take photos during the day as you will be able to use the sunlight at your advantage. This way you won’t have to buy a lighting kit.
- You should use a white background for photographing.
- Take photos from different angles as you might not know which photo might come out to be good.
- You will need to edit your photo using a photo editing app.
- Format your photo and make sure it has the proper margins. You must scale your photos properly. Don’t make them too big; it will affect the loading time of your page.
- You need to optimize your photos for search. You should name your images properly.
You should never use photos from anywhere without permission. That way you will get into copyright issues and may be penalized. Always pay for the royalty or buy photos from sites that sell royalty-free photos. If you choose to photograph yourself then use a good camera to capture images. Good quality photos will make your blog more attractive.
If you are interested in even more design-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels then we have a lot to choose from.