No matter where you live, at some point, you may get bored with your house and need to rearrange your furniture or move into a new house entirely. If you must move your precious Yamaha piano or gigantic billiard table, it is essential to be extremely careful.
Relocating your furniture is surely a hectic process, but with some useful tips, it can be done easily. Check out the next few points to help you with the moving procedure.
It’s true; you don’t need to fully break your bed down to tiny pieces or disassemble your entire cupboard and appliances. A lot of furniture items in your house have breakable or movable parts, such as table legs, drawers, knobs, and racks. It may be much of a hassle, but starting with the disassembly of items makes it easier to pack, wrap, and move them.
Get Professional Help
Furniture relocation is a strenuous process. While you can do it at home with your family and willing volunteers from your friends, it is sometimes better to leave the matter to the professionals. If you are a California resident, for instance, then consider yourself lucky. California is booming with highly rated moving services.
Whether you live in San Diego County or Del Mar, you’ll be able to hire San Diego County or Del Mar Movers that will expertly handle your furniture with care and guarantee the safety of your possessions. Regardless of where you are, hiring capable experts is a smart choice, and you’re bound to find a reliable service wherever you are- just make sure to do your research.
Use Moving Supplies
When it comes to moving furniture, the first image that comes to mind is the huge pile of cardboard boxes with tape all around them. Yet, there are numerous moving supplies and tools for every job you need to be done— protecting furniture items, packing home appliances, wrapping fragile and sharp items, and/or providing padding around valuable objects. Moving supplies can include the following:
- Packing supplies: boxes, packing tape, packing paper, plastic wrap, bubble wrap, toolset, plastic baggies, and labels as well as markers.
- Moving day supplies: dollies, sliders, lifting straps, trailers, moving blankets, and cargo straps.
Adopt Smart Techniques In Moving
Moving furniture around is not about hulking everything out at once. It can be done through several smart ways and techniques to ensure the items’ safety as well as yours. You can follow some useful techniques as follows:
- Taking inventory of every item of furniture to keep track of every item you want to relocate.
- Planning what goes where in a sketch where you can easily map out everything. It’s also better to give this plan to your movers when you hire them.
- Carrying tall items high and low, especially when dealing with a tall shelving unit or a tall dresser, by tipping the item where one person carries the top and the other carries the bottom.
- Using the L-shaped movement while moving chairs to prevent them from getting hooked into doorways.
- Sliding is always better: it’s easier and less tiring to use blankets or plastic covers to slide over heavy stuff.
Relocating your furniture is quite demanding and a bit tricky, so making use of the mentioned simple tips can guarantee excellent results. There is a variety of moving supplies that can ease your packing and make the heavy lifting much lighter! For safer and easier moving, you can always hire professionals.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.