The world is evolving, and things that seem impossible to achieve in a lifetime are gradually being realized. Now, who would have imagined that electric vertical takeoff and landing vehicles (eVTOLs) would soon become a reality? The eVTOLs are going to change the transportation industry for sure, giving the fact that it would solve so many issues that a road user is faced with. One of the stand-out eVTOL manufacturers is Astro Aerospace (OTC:ASDN).
In this article, our primary focus is on some of the challenges that eVTOLs need to overcome before making headway. So, keep reading to be more enlightened.
Challenges eVTOLs Need To Conquer
- Access to air space: In all honesty, the roads are quite busy and so to are the airways. Nothing is achieved overnight, and it takes a lot of planning, determination, and even research to achieve a goal or a target, as the case may be. As such, eVTOLs would need to be granted room and access to airspace.
- High initial cost: When the eVTOLs finally come into motion, it might end up being one of the most expensive ways for commuters to move about. Also, it promises to be time-efficient as well, and that is something everyone would be looking forward to. However, it is important to make the eVOTLs part not to be accessed by commuters.
This can be one of the ways of tackling its high cost as when commuters have no access to then the price can be dropped. But, there is every possibility of insurance companies elevating those initial rides up the ladder. Also, investments must come from multiple sources as this would help in the initial and long-term progress of eVTOLs.
- Public acceptance: In as much as society wants innovative ideas to come to fruition, they might not be so willing to risk their lives and money for machines that are yet to be fully tested. A commuter would have to be on board with the whole concept before eVTOLs can thrive. This is one of the most important hurdles they would need to pass, and not just pass but do so exceptionally well.
Once they can convince commuters to patronize flying cars, they would become more and more popular. Also, if society isn’t welcoming on this idea, then that could be some setback that would take a long time to come out of.
- Batteries are good but need to get better: Again, no one is disputing the fact that they may indeed have good batteries, but it should still be said that those batteries need to be way better. When the batteries are of good quality, it is very much possible to fly distances without having to panic as the batteries would have created a bit of reliability.
- Insurance: Once this model comes into the fold, there is every possibility of it disrupting insurance models for a lot of companies with aircraft being inclusive. Again, it is important to know that the car insurance policy and that of aviation are somewhat similar. For aviation, it covers the aircraft when performing in the hair and any damage that can likely happen beneath the craft.
The eVTOLs would invariably be more functional than the average air travel being that they would be moving across various cities or locations, as the case may be. Therefore, insurance companies would need to play a certain kind of role to achieve this.
- Securing take-off and landing space: Even though eVTOLs might not be needing much space for take-off and landing, they would still need cities to play their parts. By playing their parts, they would have to ensure there are various landing terminals across the cities as this is highly important.
- Unknowns: Again, this is something that promises to change the transportation sector, and for that, there are so many unknowns that could happen. For starters, would the government be open to the idea? Are there enough safety measures in place? Sometimes, uncertainties are good as they make you look into them or, better still, prepare for them.
The eVTOLs will be faced with so many unknowns, and till they anticipate most of the unknowns or tackle the questions that would arise from various industries, then these things would keep on lingering.
However, despite these challenges that would need to be addressed, Astro Aerospace is poised to rise. For instance, people who feel a certain way towards the eVTOLs can be left blown away when they discover that Astro Aerospace promises to be safe and user-friendly. When the public feels safe towards technology, then there is every possibility for them to accept it.
Additionally, Astro Aerospace can be used for not just commercial purposes as the government and private sectors would benefit from it. For instance, Astro Aerospace can be used for military operations, and the government is always on the lookout for technologies that can be beneficial to the military. So, this can tackle some of the unknowns like government approval, given that its purpose is quite universal.
In conclusion, with the roads getting congested and people having to get to essential venues for either meetings or work-related places, it isn’t a bad idea to accept the electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) vehicles.
Lastly, the industry has to be willing to succeed and, as such, not rely on any agency to tackle some of the threats that it may propose. They have to look not just into the now but also the future. After all, this is something that would change a lot of things for the better once accepted by the masses.
If you are interested in even more technology-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.