I worked as a freelancer for two years before I entered the advertising world. It takes a lot of hard work to be a freelancer. Your time may be your own, but as Diana once said, being on your own also means you have to have a different mindset than that of an employee. You tend to work longer hours, and you make sure that you do everything efficiently. This stems from that fact that you are your own boss and you earn in direct correlation to your dedication and efforts that are put into a certain project.
One way for you to ensure that you are working efficiently and productively is if you are billing your clients on time and with ease. Sometimes we tend to forget that by invoicing properly, we also get paid accordingly. Sometimes those new to working freelance overlook how important this is. I have put together a list of websites that I hope will enable you to invoice your clients with ease, accuracy, and on time.
One of the best choices you can go for is Invoice Home, an online invoicing tool that is currently gaining a lot of popularity among small businesses and entrepreneurs. Easy to use and it offers over 100 free PDF templates to choose from. Easily our recommended choice.
1. Invoicera – Invoicera brings forth easy online billing solutions for numerous professionals and businesses. It is an answer to all invoicing troubles for freelancers like attorneys/lawyers, consultants, web developers, etc… for enterprises and businesses of all nature and size; for service providers that include computer IT services, web hosting, etc… and practically for anyone that needs to send invoices.
Invoicera saves your time and helps you manage your bills in a snapshot. It is designed as a payment tracking application that helps you keep track of your customer payments. Besides this, Billdu invoice maker can also be a great option for professional invoices.
2. Ronin – This is simple online invoicing and time tracking. It’s perfect for small businesses and freelancers. It’s designed to make you look professional.
3. WORKetc – WORKetc is a single software solution to run your entire business. They combine CRM, Projects, Billing, Documents, Timesheets, and more with a powerful automation engine to help take your small business to the next level. The only complete small business management software solution.
4. Meiraware – Meiraware is what you need when you need it. Meiraware Business makes invoicing and tracking payments easy. It’s an online application that gives you the tools you need to invoice and track payment from your customers.
5. FreshBooks – This tool helps you to send, track and collect payments quickly. It’s great for teams, freelancers, and service providers.
6. Time 59 – Time59 is a time and billing software that runs in your web browser. It keeps track of your hours, generates client invoices, records payments, and maintains client balances. You can access your Time59 account from any computer with a web browser, as well as many mobile devices. Getting started is easy. No installation is required. Just sign up and your account is ready for use. Try it FREE for the first 30 days.
7. Side Job Track – This is a web-based job tracking, invoicing, reporting, project management software for the part-time independent contractor.
8. Momenteo is an invoicing software made especially for freelancers and self-employed workers. Add your work, work times, travels, and expenses and let Momenteo create invoices for you in just a few seconds. You can also try it for free!