For most of us, coffee is a large part of the day, with many needing a cup or two in the morning to start off their day and make them feel ready to tackle everything the day has in store for them. However, the effects of that cup of morning coffee can only last for an average of 4 to 6 hours which means many will be craving for another cup sometime in the afternoon.
Since many of us can’t step out in the middle of work just to get a cup of coffee, having a coffee maker in the office can be handy for those who require that much-needed pick-me-up in the afternoon. This is especially convenient during those inevitable slow days that make the day seem longer than it actually is.
With that said, if you’re looking for one for your office but don’t know how to choose the best office coffee maker, then check out this comprehensive buying guide and Lamano recommendations that contain everything you need to know to pick the best one for your office.
What Kind Of Coffee Machines Are Suited For Office Use?
When it comes to office use, you can’t just buy any old coffee maker as it would need to withstand the constant use, day-in, day-out. After all, it’s not serving just a couple of people, it’s serving an entire office. With that said, here are some of the factors you need to keep in mind when answering the question of how to choose the best office coffee maker.
Type Of Coffee Maker Machine
Before anything else, you need to ensure you’re getting the right type of machine for your office. To make things easier since there are many types of coffee makers out there, here are some of the best options for office use:
- Bean-To-Cup – This type of coffee maker offers you and your officemates the benefits of freshly brewed coffee using ground beans. However, since it requires ground beans, you will need to grind them before use, taking a bit longer before you can make your coffee. A solution to this is buying beans in bulk to save on costs and time.
- Filter/Drip Coffee Maker – This is a more affordable and easy to operate option, usually coming with a carafe that allows you to keep your coffee warm for several hours.
- Pod-Based Machines – Valuing convenience, this type of coffee maker gives you coffee in mere minutes. However, you will need to make sure that you always have pod supplies and they tend to be more costly and not as environmentally-friendly.
- Barista-Grade Machine – If you’re looking for more of an upgrade, then something like a semi-automatic espresso machine can give you excellent coffee. However, you will need to train your staff on how to use it which can be time-consuming and costly.
Capacity Of The Machine
Of course, since you’re serving a large number of people, you will need to take into account the capacity of your machine to serve all of them. Things to consider here are the size of your staff as well as the frequency with which this machine will be used.
Again, it will need to withstand the constant use of a large number of people which is why durability is one of the factors you need to consider before purchasing one. Look for something that’s well-built and can take the constant use and refilling of your employees and officemates.
Ease Of Operation
It’s also vital that you consider whether or not it’s easy to operate. This is especially important if your office has a high turnover when it comes to employees as it can be time-consuming to constantly instruct new employees on how to operate the coffee maker.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Since it will be getting a lot of use, you will need a model that can be easily and regularly cleaned and maintain. After all, you don’t want your employees and colleagues to get sick from the coffee.
Coffee is a popular beverage which is why you need to consider the cost of having to stock up on it in your office kitchen. While a machine is an investment, you will need to consider how much you’re willing to shell out on supplies.
Our Office Coffee Maker Recommendations
Now that you know what to consider when choosing the best coffee maker for the office, here are some of our recommendations of the best office coffee maker models available for purchase nowadays. First up is:
1. Breville Barista Touch Espresso Maker (BES880BSS)
If you’re looking for a machine that offers convenience as well as excellent coffee, then the Breville Barista Espresso Maker is the one for you. It boasts of intelligent features like an intuitive touch screen that makes it easy to create your favorite beverage just the way you like it. You can even save your personalized setting under your name, making sure it’s the same quality every time.
Aside from these, it has all these other convenient features such as the auto steam wand that allows for adjusting the milk’s temperature, a fast heat-up time that extracts the coffee in mere seconds, as well as an integrated coffee grinder for your coffee beans. Step up your office coffee game with this barista-grade machine.
- Intuitive touch screen display
- Ability to save personalized coffee preferences
- Enhanced temperature control for the optimal coffee experience
- Requires some time to figure out its operation
2. Keurig Office Pro Single-Serve Commercial Coffee Maker (K155)
If you need a quick caffeine fix, then the Keurig OfficePro Coffee Maker is perfect. It gives you the perfect cup of your favorite beverage – whether it’s coffee, tea, or even hot cocoa – in seconds with a quick press of a button.
It features an interactive touch screen display that allows you to program everything – from the brewing temperature to the automatic on and off. You can even set your preferred language, choosing among English, French, and Spanish. It also gives you the option to choose the cup size so you can always get the same taste even with a bigger cup.
- Gives you a quick dose of caffeine in seconds
- Programmable options for a customized brew
- Option to choose the cup size for consistent quality
- Only serves a single cup at a time
3. DeLonghi Super Automatic Espresso Machine (ESAM3300)
The DeLonghi Automatic Espresso Machine provides you with an excellent-quality cup of coffee every time as each cup is consistently brewed using the perfect temperature and density each time. It comes with a professional grinder that allows you to grind your beans before each cup, making sure that your coffee is fresh every time.
You can even personalize the setting to brew your ideal cup. With its user-friendly control panel, you don’t have to worry about its operation. It’s also easy to clean and maintain, ensuring that your coffee is pure and fresh each time.
- Personalization settings for the perfect cup of coffee
- User-friendly controls for ease of use
- Easy to maintain and clean to prevent contamination
- The water reservoir can be too small for some
4. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewing System (CP307)
Whether it’s a steaming cup of coffee or a cold glass of your favorite tea, the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewing System can handle it, giving you plenty of options on how to get your daily dose of caffeine. It comes with separate baskets for coffee and tea, ensuring that one doesn’t influence the other’s flavor, ensuring you get only the best-tasting coffee and tea every time.
It offers the option to choose the size of your cup, whether it’s a small mug or a travel-sized one. It can even make some of the local café’s favorites like chai tea lattes and cappuccinos by pairing your brewed coffee and tea with frothed milk. Why interrupt your day when you can have the coffeehouse experience right in your office?
- Versatile brewing options (hot or cold)
- Separate baskets for the purity of flavor
- Plenty of cup size options
- Doesn’t come with a hot plate
5. Keurig K-Classic Single-Serve Coffee Maker
As one of the leading brands of coffee makers, the K-Classic Coffee Maker from Keurig offers incredible cups of coffee in several pod sizes, ranging from 6 to 10 oz. It comes with a large 48 oz. water reservoir that allows you to brew more than 6 cups of coffee before needing a refill. It’s also removable so you can easily refill it when needed.
It also has an auto shut-off feature that keeps everyone safe from accidental electric fires and helps keep down energy bill costs. The button controls are simple to operate, allowing anyone to operate it with ease. It comes with a descaling feature that helps clean and maintains your coffee maker, ensuring that it lasts for a long time.
- Auto shut-off feature for increased safety
- Descaling feature for easy maintenance and cleaning
- Multiple cup options
- Brewing time can be long for some
Coffee makers for the office is truly an investment – and a worthwhile one. By having one in the office, your employees and colleagues no longer have to bear with that sluggish feeling in the afternoon when everything is starting to slow down. It will help boost energy levels even during the slowest days, keeping everyone up and productive throughout the entire day.
However, remember to keep in mind the various factors we highlighted above before purchasing one as you will need something that can withstand the constant use. After all, you wouldn’t want to buy something that would need replacement in just a few weeks or months, would you?
If you are interested in even more technology-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.