Desktop Virtualization is becoming more and more common between business holders, gamers and many other kinds of people because of all the benefits it provides us with
Even before delving into the details of why it is only sensible to get a virtual desktop for yourself using a service like managed.nl/, we can tell you that the decision will be absolutely worth the investment. So without any further pondering, let us get to the benefits of desktop virtualization.
1. Cost Effective – A virtual desktop is a part of a very powerful physical system that can be located anywhere in the world. Naturally, the entire system itself is very expensive but a small part of it, not so much. So you get all the benefits you can from a powerful machine and only for a fraction of the cost.
2. Added Security – A huge advantage of getting a virtual desktop is the security which is much stronger than you will find on a physical machine. This is because you need a self-made username and password to access the desktop and you are probably the only one who knows it. All the information on the machine is encrypted so no third party can access it and it cannot be stolen or copied from like a physically present system either.
3. Easily Accessible – One of the best things about a virtual system is that they are very easily accessible. You can use your remote desktop from pretty much any device, no matter where in the world it is located. All you need is your username and your password and you are good to go. The best part? No matter what you do on your virtual machine, it will not occupy any space on the device from which you are accessing it!
4. No Physical Space – Since your virtual desktop is exactly that, a ‘virtual’ desktop, it has no physical presence in your business. Yes, there is no one system that anyone knows the whereabouts of on which your desktop is located. This is great because if some third party person wants to look up confidential data on your machine, they will have no idea where to find it and if you keep it secure enough, they will not have any leads to hack it from either.
5. Easily Maintained – Most virtually placed systems are always online and that is why they receive auto-upgrades from the main server. So you do not have to worry about it going old-fashioned or anything unless you keep upgrading it yourself. Of course, you will be alerted about the upgrades and you can stop them if you want to.
6. Easily Shared – If many people are working on a single project, they can share a system easily instead of getting an individual one for themselves and these people do not even have to meet at a common point to do so.
7. Changeable RAM – On your virtual system, you have to option of enhancing the RAM available to you as you like it; for an added cost, of course.
8. Can Enhance Memory – You can enhance the memory of your virtual system as well, just as you can enhance the RAM for some added cost, as per your needs.
9. Auto Scaling – If there is some data which you wish to transfer from a physically present system to the virtual one, it gets scaled to the specifications automatically.
Your Own Mail Server
Desktop virtualization allows to create your own mail server according to your business with a virtual desktop and receive all your emails there.
For more computer-related information and tips here on Bit Rebels, click here!