Lead generation is more than just getting new users to visit your site. The main thing is to get their contact details and find an email for free in order to maintain communication and turn interested visitors into regular customers. Today, you can choose from a variety of lead generation marketing strategies and tools: online chat, cold emails, pop-up forms, SEO optimization, knowledge-sharing platforms, etc.
The only difficulty is that there is no universal solution, and you always need to focus on the characteristics of each particular business model. But there are some lead strategies that may be applicable to any system!
5 Steps To The Lead Generation Process
If you are wondering how to generate sales leads, consider the next:
1. Set A Goal
Before you create a lead generation system, talk to your sales team and discuss what you want to achieve with this process. Have a clear goal that will make it easier for all team members. Your goal should be achievable and clearly articulated.
2. Create A Plan
Get information about your target market, using surveys and questionnaires to build your ideal customer profile. Gather as much information about your ICP as you can, such as full name, email address, company name, and state/country.
3. Simplify Your Message
Focus on creating a simple yet authentic message that communicates your value. As a sales rep, you want your potential customers to feel like they can trust you – hence, the importance of a friendly and outgoing tone. Use the simplest lead generation tactics first, like email, voice bots, and social media marketing, and move on to expensive methods like face-to-face meetings once you’ve built a working relationship with your lead.
4. Develop A Scenario For Responding To Potential Customers
Create a response script that describes how you are going to generate leads and respond to them. The process can take the form of a web page, an email address, or a phone number to which leads will be directed.
5. Maintain A Database Of Leads
Maintaining a database includes identifying which leads deserve attention and development. In addition, you will be able to determine which leads are not worth buying.
Lead Generation Methods
Lead generation methods include all available tools for attracting and increasing conversion traffic on the site. It is important not only to attract an interested user to the site but also to make them call, leave contacts, subscribe, etc. This helps to optimize the marketing abilities of the platform, and its sales funnel.
The following channels are used to attract traffic:
- Contextual advertising. This is one of the main ways to get successful leads. Context allows you to place your advertisement on the first lines of search results for a small price. The advertiser pays only for clicks. The first clients can be obtained on the day of the launch of the advertising campaign. The advantage of context is hot traffic. Contextual advertising is shown for certain keywords, which are set by the advertiser. For example, an online store selling household appliances can place its ads for the queries: “Household appliances store,” “Buy a TV,” “Samsung refrigerator prices,” etc. All queries used by a potential client are counted in the advertising campaign, and a relevant ad (usually, containing a keyword) is compiled for each. Their number is limited only by the financial capabilities of the company.
- Targeted advertising in social networks. Just like in the context, in targeting, the audience is selected according to certain parameters. Except for requests, in targeting advertising, demographic, social, behavioral, and other characteristics of the audience are in the picture.
- Company blog. By starting its own blog, the company can share useful materials with its audience, diluting it with advertising content. This step will increase interest in the site, audience engagement, loyalty, and trust. As a result, the number of users interested in the company’s product will grow.
- Forums, thematic platforms. Another source of hot traffic is forums and thematic sites. The methods of attracting people to the site from there are different, ranging from direct advertising to native integrations and “hidden” recommendations.
- Lead exchanges. These are special business-to-business lead generation tools (like an email finder plugin) and platforms where you can get user contact information. As a rule, they are segmented by interests, which allows you to select the most suitable databases. But it is worth remembering that when you find an email for free, such an audience may not be familiar with your selling offer. And it does not necessarily mean they will be interested in your services at all.
- Mailing services. In order for mailing services to become an effective way of lead generation, they need to be used correctly. Do not send messages to everyone in a row (spam). Select an audience for mailings, and send information only to interested users.
If you are interested in even more business-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.