Have you been an SEO for so long, gained plenty of experience, and feel that you now need to start your company? You are not alone, but that does not mean that everyone who answers yes to this question usually succeeds in the venture. Most people want to start their SEO companies but don’t want to go all in.
This means you can’t begin offering SEO services without any plan, or you will be setting yourself up for failure. Like other businesses, starting an SEO company needs a plan and professional guidance to ensure you don’t waste your resources and time. Luckily for you, today’s article will show you how to easily start a successful top blogger outreach service/SEO company.
If you are thinking of starting an SEO company, then it would make no sense for you to quit your job after a few weeks. You first need to make sure your SEO venture brings in more money than your 9-5 job before you quit. You should also wait until you have enough repeat clients or rather have SEO clients look for you instead of the other way around before you can quit your job to start a company.
Besides ensuring you have a regular workflow, you must also do the following before starting your SEO agency:
- Have a business acumen.
- Learn digital marketing.
- Take care of all the necessary legal matters.
- Create your contracts.
- Set up different payment modes.
- Create a unique invoice template.
- Create a brand name and logo.
- Choose a niche, then launch your company website.
2. Create Your SEO Strategy
Search engine optimization is the same despite where you go, but there are many ways to handle it. So, you should have a strategy to help manage your clients’ link building, content creation, and on-page optimization projects. Learn more easy ways to fix your SEO.
The first thing you need to do is ensure you have project management skills to allocate enough time to different projects without missing deadlines. These skills will also help you easily manage your team and ensure that everything from keyword research to content evaluation is thoroughly done.
You can use project management tools such as Plutio, Asana, Basecamp, Zoho, and Teamwork. It is best that you choose the most suitable one instead of using several because that might confuse both you and your team.
3. Market Your SEO Company
Since you are already set, it’s now time to market your SEO agency to help attract leads. Luckily, you can use some effective techniques to ensure more effective results. These tactics include:
- Social media- You must create an official business account for your SEO service. With this account, you can now advertise your services and answer any questions. You can also join relevant groups to help you see what your potential targets are talking about. This might reveal some business gaps that your business can fill
- Politely ask your previous clients to review your SEO services on your website or other popular review platforms.
- Content marketing- Produce regular valuable content to your target audience to help make you their go-to place when they have SEO related questions.
4. Sell Your SEO Services
After marketing your SEO service, you should now be ready to make some sales. But how do you go about the sales process? Since coming up with static prices can be quite tricky, you can use the following structures:
- Retainer- Clients can pay a monthly retainer that matches their SEO needs.
- Fixed- You can charge fixed prices if a client needs a series of services like on-page optimization to content marketing to link building.
- Hourly- You can use this structure when dealing with short-term projects such as website audits and keyword research.
It is always advisable to use hourly and fixed structures when you are starting before diving into retainer fees. Remember to fulfill your promises to avoid frustrating your clients and thus losing them in the long run.
5. Maintain Continuity And Operations
You must ensure your SEO agency runs smoothly to avoid clashes that might affect regular operations. The first thing you should do to ensure continuity is not accepting many projects at once. Since you are just starting, you probably don’t have a huge team to complete lots of work within a short period. Rushing your team to finish loads of work will only do more harm than good because they’ll deliver substandard work, causing you to lose clients.
If your team feels overwhelmed by the projects, then you can always outsource. However, research first to help you find a professional who will deliver the expected quality.
Like every venture, starting an SEO agency is not a walk in the park. This article discusses every crucial step you need to take to help you start a well-performing SEO business today. So, ensure you systematically follow these steps to open the SEO agency you’ve been dreaming of and keep it successful forever.
If you are interested in even more business-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.