How to bet on sports? A difficult question for beginner players. A bet based on competent analysis can bring a big profit in just a few minutes. The first important step is to choose the right bookmaker. Do not rush to decide on the bookmaker’s office. You must first familiarize yourself with the bookmakers rating.
Where To Bet On Sports – The Basic Principles
MetaReviews compiles the best bookmaker’s based on the reviews of professional players. This rating is compiled based on the reviews of hundreds of players and is constantly updated. Here you can read the odds for the matches, get interesting offers on promotions. We will consider further below how to start betting on sports.
Sports betting is carried out in bookmaker offices. Today, many of them have an online version. Playing online is a great way to earn real money without leaving home.
Sports Betting: Where To Start
Before you make your first bet, you should know what are the main types of bets.
The peculiarity of this bet is an attempt to predict only one outcome of the event. The winnings are calculated by the formula of multiplication of the sum of money by the bet odds. For example, you bet $100 at odds of 2.20, so your winnings at the bet will be $220 (100*2.20), the net winnings are $120 (220-100, i.e. minus the bet amount).
Parlay betting is betting on several events at once. An important condition for winning is the winning of all the designated events in the accumulator. In other words, the positive outcome can be a refund or a win. However, playing multiple events at the same time has a disadvantage. If at least one event does not justify the prediction, the entire bet is lost. The house edge on parlay bets is calculated as the product of the sum of bets by the odds of all outcomes.
It is an aggregate of several parlays. It is a peculiar way to search for several variants of bets of the accumulator type with a fixed set of outcomes. The number of outcomes and the amount of bets on each parlay are the same. Profit in the system is calculated as the total of the winning selections in the system. Read more about this betting system here.
The most popular types of bets are bets on outcomes (1×2) and bets on total. There are also bets on the list (additional bets) – who will score first, how many substitutions, yellow or red cards will be in the match, etc. Total betting allows you to predict a smaller or larger number of goals, pucks, balls, etc.
How Professionals Bet On Sports
To understand how to bet on sports, a beginner should follow some simple rules:
- Always ask how to bet on a specific sporting event. Explain to yourself all the incomprehensible points, and only then place your bets. Different bookmakers have different rules and fees.
- Play with small amounts at first. There is always a risk that you may confuse or misunderstand something.
- Do not chase high odds, there may be pitfalls in them. It is safer to bet on favorites that have good motivation. You can combine such bets into parlay bets.
- Determine for yourself the specific size of your bank. You will always know how much you are willing to spend, what bets suit you, when to stop to avoid bankruptcy.
- Play exclusively at reliable bookmakers. The richer and larger a company is, the more it values its reputation. Feedback from visitors is also important.
- Don’t put all your money on one bet. The outcome of any match can be unfavorable for you.
- Always know how to stop, even if you are lucky today.
- Be sure to keep an eye on the odds line. Ups and downs are never accidental. Follow sports news. Remember that analysis is very important. Before you bet on a specific team, ask about its previous successes, the number of injured players, the presence of yellow cards.
How To Analyze Sports Betting
How do I learn to bet on sports? There are several methods for predicting the possible outcome of a sporting event. They will help even a novice player to win good money.
- Informational analysis, where you collect all available information on the team.
- Statistical analysis. During this process, you analyze the teams’ losses and wins, derive certain statistics, and calculate the probability of winning or losing.
Prediction Probability Theory. This method estimates the probability of a match outcome for each team. The above methods are quite effective, but labor-intensive. Therefore, professional players often use special programs.
If you are interested in even more entertainment-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.