Weekends are sacred to me! TGIF (thank God it’s Friday) always means what it stands for to many people who love the weekends! We all work hard during the week. We get caught up in so many work details that we often just crash into bed when we get home on weekdays. There are even days when the load is too much, and we just pray that it will be Friday soon so we can rest. However, I know some people still find it hard to enjoy their weekends.
It took me a bit of time before I learned to really enjoy my weekends. Sometimes it gets impossible to relax when you have tons of things on your mind. When I was still doing events full time, most of the work was scheduled on the weekends since more people are out then. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are the best time to do ground activations and events. It is not that I did not love what I did, but there were days when I felt that I was missing a lot. Now the work I have allows me more time for myself and my family. Work/life balance is very important, and here are some things that I love doing to make the most of the two days on the weekend.
1. Go on a short trip – I love going out of town on weekends. I try to go somewhere I have not gone before. If you do this, you can take your friends or family on a one to two hours drive from where you live and explore! Going somewhere and just exploring can open your world to new things, and it will most likely refresh your mind.
2. Learn a new skill – I will be moving to a new place/country next year, and right now, I am learning how to cook. Weekends are the best days to learn new things. Maybe it can be photography or learning pottery. It is up to you. Make a list of the things you have always wanted to learn, and learn them on the weekend. Not only will you have fun, but also it is a time for discovering skills that you never thought you had!
3. Relax and have a spa day – Taking time to take care for your body is important. Some people say that it’s a waste of time to go to a spa and get a massage, and others think it is a luxury. However, when our body has time to rest, it allows us to perform at our optimum best.
4. Watch a movie or do a movie-thon – I rarely get the chance to watch movies or my favorite shows during the work week. Whenever I get the chance, I try to get copies of old and new films that I have missed. This is a great way to de-stress and keep your mind off work and the daily grind.
5. Go on a food trip – My sister and brother always make it a point to go out on the weekends and sample new dishes or just enjoy our favorite foods. It becomes our cheat day. Try it out. It is fun, and you will see that there are so many things you can discover and recommend to your friends and family.
I am sure there are a lot of other things you can share and add to this list. Enjoying the weekend is one good way to bring some balance into our life. No matter what you choose to do, do it as long as it will allow you to relax and have some time off. It is always good for our health and productivity to unplug every once in a while.
Image Sources: [Vibrant Image Studio / Shutterstock ] [Drawing Board Comic] – As they appear