Contemporary shops are full of everything one may need. When it comes to shopping for a baby, the list of necessities seems endless. Besides, these items are quite costly. There is no parent who would compromise the quality to cost. However, how to find this perfect balance between buying must-haves and not spending a fortune?
There is one solution: avoid unnecessary purchases. There are plenty of things parents buy and never use. Undoubtedly, you will need plenty of newborn and toddler clothes that can be found at https://thetrendytoddlers.com/ or in offline shops. Diapers and swaddling clothes are also on the list of must-haves.
What To Exclude From Purchases?
- Piles of diapers: yes, they are needed. However, parents should not buy a lot. The reason is simple — some types and brands can cause allergies. These allergies may appear even after several months of using a certain brand of diapers.
- Changing table: lots of parents find it unnecessary. First of all, when a newborn learns to turn, this is too dangerous to leave it on this table alone, even for a single moment. Besides, it becomes too short for the length of a baby. The only way is to buy one with the chest of drawers that will be used.
- Rocking and swinging chair: lots of children refuse from staying there for more than five minutes. Thus, there is no sense in this purchase. If there is the possibility to borrow one from friends, this is the best solution. If your child is a rare exception who likes this chair, then you can consider this purchase.
- Soft toys: they usually become the source of dust, allergens, and even bacteria. That is why, these are not only unnecessary but also dangerous items, especially for small kids.
- Pacifiers and bottles: it depends on the type of feeding you are planning. For formula, of course, these will be needed. However, if you intend to breastfeed, it is better to avoid using them so that not have problems. Check out the recommendations of pediatricians regarding breastfeeding.
- Cosmetics for a baby: only water is needed for washing it. All these shampoos, soaps, and creams are just tricks of marketers. Besides, they may even be harmful to the soft skin of a child. The only exception is when there is a prescription from a pediatrician.
- Special bath for kids: first of all, this is quite inconvenient for parents to bathe a child in it. Besides, there are no problems to use the one for adults.
The niche of items for children is profitable. That is why so many commercials are trying to persuade that you need so many things for a baby. However, in reality, lots of them are not even used. For this reason, do not try to buy everything before the birth of your child. In such a way, a lot of money can be saved.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.