CBD is a shortened way of representing cannabidiol, a phytocannabinoid that was discovered in 1940. It is one of the over 100 cannabinoids found in hemp plants and forms about 40% of its extracts. However, it is not until recently that this peculiar plant became globally famous. The media continues to highlight its numerous benefits and issues surrounding its legality and consumption.
Notwithstanding its growing popularity, not a few people are yet to fully understand what the hype surrounding CBD is all about. However, the good news is that this article will inform you all there is to know about CBD and how it differs from THC, its cousin. CBD is renowned for its non-psychotropic quality, which means that it does not produce a “high” effect, unlike THC.
In addition to that, CBD has so far proven to be highly beneficial to the human body in various ways, which I would highlight here. It is equally interesting to note that, so far, there hasn’t been any evidence of adverse health challenges linked to the use of CBD in its pure form. You can also get a pure CBD from multiple swiss CBD companies.
Health Benefits Of CBD
CBD has several amazing health benefits that transcend both mild and severe health challenges, and I would list some of them here. CBD has proven efficacious in the treatment of debilitating childhood epilepsy like the Dravet and Lennox-Gastaut syndromes. These particular epilepsy strains are known for their unresponsiveness to anti-seizure medications, thus making them more dangerous.
However, CBD has not only been able to significantly reduce such seizures in epileptic children but has equally proven effective in stopping them completely. Not long ago, the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) endorsed Epidiolex, a medicine derived from CBD, in the treatment of epilepsy.
Other health benefits of CBD include:
- The treatment of insomnia not only helping people to fall asleep but also to enjoy quality sleep without interruption.
- It can help mitigate anxiety.
- Studies have equally shown that CBD not only helps to alleviate chronic pain as well as arthritis and the accompanying inflammation but also cushions neuropathic pain.
- For its therapeutic value, over the generations, cannabis has been used to boost appetite on the one hand as well as to counter obesity, anorexia, and emesis.
- Effective in fighting degenerative ailments like Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington disease, and Tourette’s syndrome. Take Parkinson’s disease, for instance, an ailment due to the degeneration of dopamine, which ultimately manifests in observable symptoms like tremor and rigidity. Cannabinoids will provide a shield against 6-hydroxydopamine and its accompanying toxicity, thereby ensuring that degeneration of dopamine does not take place.
- Cannabidiol is also known to help ameliorate post-traumatic stress disorder (PTDS), an advanced form of psychological health problem due to exposure to extremely stressful and traumatic events.
- Cannabinoids have promising results in cancer treatment. It was first discovered in the mid-1970s that cannabinoids could help mitigate the spread of cancer, and research has continued.
New Health Trends About CBD
One of the new buzz words trending globally is CBD. It has become so popular that both electronic, print, and social media now seems to be awash with news about it. But many people are still in the dark about how safe, legal or beneficial to health CBD actually is. Even though CBD now tends to be everywhere—in our body creams, food, and coffee, the truth remains that CBD is still evolving among other diverse areas of application.
This point was emphasized when the United States government budgeted $3 billion specifically to research more on CBD. Although many people already believe that CBD is quite amazing in treating certain health challenges, a good number of studies lend credence to that.
However, it is also interesting to note that the Food and Drug Administration hasn’t endorsed any of them, with the only exception being Epidiolex, a drug that has become famous in the treatment of epilepsy. In the future, it is now clear that CBD has lots of potentials and has now become readily available both in mortar and brick shops as well as online.
However, on the flip side of it, people also need to be wary of the CBD they’re buying because the proliferation of companies dealing in CBD products also means that unscrupulous ones must have joined the fray. Therefore, it is advised that people research any company they intend to buy from to ascertain if they are genuine.
The benefits of CBD are also being extended to pets, so while you may find it normal to use CBD gummies, oil, tinctures, and other CBD products, do not be surprised when you walk into a pet shop only to discover they now have CBD oil for dogs and cats.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.