The full end of tenancy cleaning is meant for landlords or Tenants who need a thorough cleaning of their property. In case you are a tenant, and you wish to vacant the current house you are living in, you must ensure that you leave it clean.
Through this, you will ensure that you receive your deposit after you have moved out. On the other hand, if you are a landlord, it will not be useful if you are left with a dirty property and wish to rent it out to new tenants.
Full End Of Tenancy Cleaning Tips
Although cleaning can be a tiresome task, there are some things which you can do to make it quicker and more comfortable. Some of these things are:
You should not leave all the cleaning tasks for the last day. All you have to do is start cleaning some of the items or areas a few weeks before vacating the house. Ensure you have all the cleaning equipment and solutions. You can store them together for easy access. Some of the answers you can use are:
- Citric acid for cleaning rust, calcium deposits, hard water stains, shower, and taps. However, you should not use citric acid on natural stone surfaces or brass.
- Vinegar for cleaning wooden floors, glass mirrors/windows, mattresses, tiles surfaces, bench tops, microwaves, and drains.
- Sugar soap for cleaning outdoor furniture, toilets, stubborn stains, benchtops, and floors. You can use a ladder to access some of the places which are out of your reach.
End Of Tenancy Cleaning Checklist
1. Floors And Walls
- Clean all the floor and walls areas behind your appliances such as dryer, washing machine, microwave, freezer and, refrigerator.
- Sweep and mop floorboards and tiled floors.
- Spot clean marks that may be available on walls.
2. Outdoor Cleaning
- Sweep paths, weed gardens, trim edges and, cut all lawns to required shapes.
- Remove cobwebs and dust from window sills and walls.
- Remove any debris from the pool.
- Ensure the outdoor lighting systems are cleaned and working properly.
- Clear out the compost bin and letterbox.
- Remove any mess from pets and also repair any damages caused by your pets.
- Remove all rubbish, empty and also wash the household bins.
- Sweep the driveway, garage, and remove any oil marks or dirt.
3. Interior Cleaning
If you were given any furniture, you should clean and place them in their original position.
- Wipe all switches and door hardware.
- Clean the ceiling light sand fan blades.
- Air conditioner servicing or repair if needed
- Remove cobwebs and dust in all your rooms.
- Dry clean or wash the curtains and then re-hang them.
4. Kitchen Cleaning
- Clean the inside of the freezer and refrigerator so that you can remove any remains of food.
- Wash all benches, cabinets, and countertops.
- Remove any debris and food from taps, plugs, and sinkholes.
- Clean inside the shelves, drawers, and cupboards- You can remove any leftover food, mildew, and dirt. Try to dismantle, rinse, and wash all shelves, grills, and slots.
- Scrub the gas control knobs and gas rings.
- Clean your dishwasher, washing machine.
- Clean and arrange all utensils, cutlery, and other dining items.
- Scrub and rinse any dirt which may have accumulated on the area you use to brush your teeth.
- Descale, wipe, and rinse metal surfaces, taps, and showerheads.
- Wipe and polish all glass surfaces, including mirrors.
- Scrub and rinse your toilet
- Wipe and polish towel rails and radiators.
- Clean taps, basins, and any fittings.
- Remove any limescale and hard water stains.
- Wipe the bathroom tiles.
Carpets cleaning is one of the tasks which may need a lot of effort and time. However, you can hire a carpet cleaning machine so that you can clean them easily. You must vacuum all carpet edges thoroughly and if possible, clean them using steam.
Before you move out you should also clean all your windows and blinds by doing the following:
- Dust off shades, curtains and blinds.
- Wipe down all window frames.
- Dust off and also clean the window sills.
- Remove any oil stains, fingerprints, and marks on windows.
- While you are cleaning your windows, you should wipe them down to prevent streaks after dried up.
Finally, as a tenant, you must make sure that you clean everything on your cleaning checklist so that you can get high chances of getting your deposit back. Good luck!
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.