There have been so many arguments lately for why people should close their FaceBook account. The biggest reason is the privacy issue. I have been on FaceBook since 2007, and I am still enjoying every minute of it and still recommend the site to my friends. I know the privacy issue is a big deal, but I always believe that it is also the user who is responsible for his or her own content that they choose to share on the social networking platform. However, as I’ve always said in my previous articles, to each his own.
I guess just like Twitter, we all use the social medium differently. Most of the experience that you get when using social networks is still pleasant and very rewarding. When my Twitter account was suspended (wrongfully), the only reason that people knew about it was because of FaceBook. I am really grateful I was on that site.
Maybe some won’t agree with me, but I love FaceBook and here are 10 reasons why:
1. We can share personal updates with our friends and family.
2. We can reconnect with our old friends from school.
3. We can play games that keep us entertained and teach us how to strategize – Restaurant City, Hotel City, Cafe World, etc…
4. We can say hello and connect with our relatives who live far away from us.
5. We can play with applications other than games.
6. We can learn from information on links from pages we “like.”
7. We can promote articles and information that we think is shareable and relevant.
8. We can share pictures and leave comments and opinions.
9. We can meet new people.
10. We can chat with friends who are not on Skype or YM through FaceBook chat.
Maybe you enjoy FaceBook as much as me. Maybe you can share the reasons why here. We would love to hear from you.
Main Image Source – FaceBook Model