You’re interested in launching an influencer marketing campaign. But there’s only one problem – you have budget constraints. The good news is that you have an option to work with influencers without spending as much as you had previously estimated. That’s where micro-influencers come in. These are influencers who don’t have as much reach as mega-influencers, but still have significant influence on a relevant audience.
Micro-Influencers And Their Benefits
Micro-influencers are people who specialize in a certain niche and have a following of around 1,000-100,000 individuals. They may not have massive reach, but they cater to a highly relevant audience and have a significant impact on people’s purchase decisions.
Here are some of the ways you can benefit from working with micro-influencers:
1. Connect with a relevant audience – A micro-influencer’s follower base is comprised of people who are interested in the influencer’s niche-specific content. This means they have influence on a relevant audience. If you choose to work with a relevant micro-influencer, you have the opportunity to connect with an audience that’s relevant to your business, and will be likely to be interested in your products or services.
2. Build trust with consumers – People who have never heard of your brand will likely have a hard time trusting you enough to make a purchase. On the other hand, if a trusted figure recommends your brand to them, you can win their trust much easier. According to ASI (Advertising Speciality Institute), a recent survey showed that 82% of consumers would trust a micro-influencer’s recommendation. So working with a micro-influencer can help you build trust with your target audience.
3. Save money on advertising – Influencer marketing is one of the most cost-effective channels for promoting your business. Among influencers, micro-influencers are much less expensive to work with. This means you can save money on advertising your brand while experiencing significant results when you choose to work with micro-influencers.
Tips For Effective Marketing With Micro-Influencers
So you’ve decided to start working with micro-influencers. Here are a few tips to help you improve your chances of launching a successful campaign:
- Relevance should be the first factor you consider when finding influencers.
- Prioritize an influencer’s average engagement rate over their reach.
- Choose to work with influencers who share similar values with your brand.
These are just a few tips that can help you build an effective influencer marketing campaign. If you need any more tips or ideas for working with micro-influencers, feel free to check out the micro-influencer gifographic below.
Author Bio: Shane Barker is a digital marketing consultant who specializes in influencer marketing, product launches, sales funnels, targeted traffic and website conversions. He has consulted with Fortune 500 companies, influencers with digital products, and a number of A-List celebrities.
The Extraordinary Impact Of Micro-Influencers
Click Gifographic To Enlarge