Arduino board is the commercially available programmable board. The different models of boards are available in the market. The user can choose any model based on their requirement. Each model has its specifications. Some variants are available with a fewer number of GPIO (General Purpose Input Output) pins and some of them are available with a large number of GPIO pins. The different types of commercially available Arduino boards are given below.
|1. ARDUINO UNO||2. ARDUINO DUEMILANOVE|
|3. ARDUINO DIECIMILA||4. ARDUINO NG REV. C|
|5. ARDUINO NG 240||6. ARDUINO EXTREME v2|
|7. ARDUINO EXTREME||8. ARDUINO USB v2.0|
|9. ARDUINO SERIAL v2.0||10. ARDUINO SERIAL|
|11. SEVERINO (S3V3)||12. ARDUINO MEGA|
|13. ARDUINO LILYPAD 03/04||14. ARDUINO LILYPAD 02|
|15. ARDUINO LILYPAD 01||
For the different applications of Arduino boards, different types of interfacing devices, sensors, and actuators can be used. The user can purchase the components for the project from Utsource. Sensors are utilized widely with Arduino board for different applications A wide variety of useful components are available on the Utsource website. The list of the important sensors for Arduino projects is given below.
|1. Temperature Sensors (DS18B20)||2. Optical Sensor (KY-008)||3. Magnetic Field Sensor (GY271)|
|4. Temperature Control Switch (JUC-31F)||5. Color Sensor (TCS230)||6. Electric Current Sensor|
|7. Heart Rate Sensor (MAX30102)||8. Ultrasound Sensor (HC-SR04)||9. Voltage Sensor|
|10. Liquid Level Sensor ()||11. Atmospheric Pressure Sensor||12. Weather Sensor|
|13. Tilt Angle Sensor (SCA60C)||14. Gesture Sensor||15. Flame Senor|
|16. Vibration Sensor (SW-420)||17. Speed Sensor||18. Pressure Sensors|
Software (Arduino IDE): Arduino IDE is a software application where any user can program their code for the specific application. The application supports all the fundamental Arduino boards and partner boards e.g. ESP32, ESP8266 boards.
Applications: The Arduino board can be used for a variety of applications. The major applications are described below:
- Monitoring Applications: The Arduino board is the major component for the monitoring application. The sensors e.g. tilt sensor, speed sensor, temperature sensor, etc. are used for railway track condition monitoring applications. The temperature, humidity sensors, and soil sensors are used for agriculture monitoring applications. Similarly, flame sensors, the camera module can be used for home monitoring applications.
- Industrial Internet of Things: IIoT 4.0 is a current trend of wireless communication. Arduino-based devices are widely used for IIoT 4.0 applications. Industrial monitoring using IoT sensor devices is very useful for real-time monitoring applications. All the useful sensors for the industrial application are available on Utsource.
- Engineering Projects: All different types of real-time applications and projects can be made with the help of the Arduino boards. The basic components e.g. breadboard, sensors, actuators are available on Utsource.
- Wireless Sensor Network: Arduino board can be used for the wireless sensor network application. The wireless sensor node can be made using an Arduino board. A large number of sensors can be interface using GPIO pins of the Arduino board. The Arduino MEGA board can be utilized for interfacing multiple sensors to a single board. The Arduino MEGA consists of more GPIO pins to Arduino UNO. The wide variety of components in a wholesale price are available at low cost on the Utsource.
Arduino Interfacing Modules: Arduino boards can be interfaced with different modules as per the application requirements. GSM Module, Wi-Fi Module, Bluetooth Module, and ZigBee Module are a few of the commercially available modules for Arduino application.
- GSM Module: GSM module is a hardware device that uses GSM mobile telephone technology to provide a data link to a remote network.
- Wi-Fi Module:Wi-Fi module is a hardware device that uses IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standard for wireless local area network communication.
- Bluetooth Module:Bluetooth module is a hardware device that uses IEEE 802.15.1 standard for wireless personal area network communication.
- ZigBee Module: ZigBee module is a hardware device that uses IEEE 802.15.4 standard for wireless personal area network communication. The network layer and application layer protocols are defined by ZigBee. ZigBee module is widely used for the wireless sensor network application. In a few of the works, ZigBee-Wi-Fi interfaced devices are used for the monitoring application. However, the coexistence of the channel is an important issue for such communication.
If you are interested in even more technology-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.