It’s an undeniable fact that anno 2019 we do almost everything online. From using social media to buying things online and making bank transfers. Chances are you’re also using multiple Wi-Fi networks! There are loads of positive sides to using the internet for all sorts of things, but there are also downsides.
You’ve probably heard of cybercriminals who attempt to steal your passwords and personal information and use this to – for example – steal your identity. For this reason, it’s of utmost importance to take your privacy online very seriously. Using an online VPN can guarantee your privacy on the web.
What Is A VPN Connection?
A VPN or a Virtual Private Network encrypts data you send over the internet. This encryption blocks cybercriminals from seeing your IP address and information; instead, they see the IP address of the server you’re using.
The VPN thus allows you to create a secure connection online because it hides your online actions. A VPN is especially handy when you often use public Wi-Fi networks, for example, in cafés, because these networks are more prone to being hacked.
Stay Anonymous Online With A VPN
As mentioned before, a VPN connection will guard your IP address and data from those who want to steal it. But there are more assets to using a VPN to surf anonymously online! For instance, your surfing behavior can’t be monitored.
This means that you will no longer see all those super-targeted adverts everywhere! A VPN also allows you to bypass geographic blocking. This allows you access to foreign websites, webshops, and streaming services.
There are a few things we recommend you always use a VPN connection for:
- Online banking: if you want to make sure no one can access your bank details, always make sure to use your VPN when you’re accessing your banking app or website.
- Other things in which you have to give out personal info: are you filling in your taxes in a restaurant? Or are you building a website in the café in your street? Always put on your VPN. You don’t want anyone to access enough info to steal your identity to commit fraud or steal your personal information/photos for blackmailing.
Stay Safe Online In Just A Few Short Steps
Do you also really care about your privacy? In just a few steps, you can make sure that your personal information stays hidden and that you can surf anonymously.
- Take a subscription with GOOSE VPN. GOOSE VPN allows you to use their VPN service on all your devices, without you having to pay extra for that. So you can use GOOSE VPN at the same time on all your devices, such as your computer, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Download GOOSE VPN on the device(s) of your choice.
- Open the GOOSE VPN app and choose a server to connect to. You can choose to connect to a server in the country you’re in or choose a server in another country.
- Once you’re connected, you can surf online or check your banking app. Just don’t forget: whenever you’re using public Wi-Fi, put your VPN connection on!
We hope our info helps you protect your privacy. Stay safe!
If you are interested in even more technology-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.