With more than 145 million active daily users, Twitter is indeed a gold mine every business owner should include in their marketing strategy. It is one of the most popular social media networks out there and provides fantastic opportunities for businesses to build their brands, win fans, and drive sales.
However, with more than 400 million tweets sent daily on the platform, you need to be strategic in your approach to win and hold your audience’s attention on Twitter. If you have been thinking of a way to take advantage of this fast-paced network to grow your business and brand in 2021, we’ve got you covered.
Here is everything you need to create an effective Twitter marketing plan that converts to a good ROI in 2021.
Tips For Creating An Effective Twitter Marketing Plan For Your Business
1. Optimize Your Profile
First thing first! If you intend to create an effective marketing plan on Twitter, you need to work on your profile. That is the first thing anyone engaging with your account will see. So, you will want to make sure it’s well set in order to make a good impression.
Include your brand’s logo as your account profile picture, and make sure your cover image represents your brand’s value proposition. Write a short description of your brand or business on your profile, focusing on your unique selling points.
You can include relevant hashtags in your profile description and even mention a few notable players in the industry if you have any partnership with them. If possible, use a short username for your brand to increase your chance of being tagged and mentioned more often by other brands, users, and influencers.
2. Follow Accounts And Circles Relevant To Your Industry
As a brand, you can’t just follow anyone on Twitter. As a matter of fact, a brand should have more followers than the accounts it follows. It is proof that the brand is valuable. So you will want to make sure you follow only accounts relevant to your industry.
As a brand, consider following key influencers in your niche, your partners and collaborators, members of your team, and other stakeholders. To get more relevant and active people to follow you, you will need to present yourself as a brand worth following. This could mean in the form of giving quality values in your tweets, mentioning influencers and stakeholders, or tagging other brands.
You can also get more relevant and engaging followers by participating in conversations. That usually comes as a bright opportunity to show your expertise and establish a name and connections.
3. Engage With Other Users Content
Do you want your content to get more engagement on the platform, there are some actions you need to undertake to make that happen. Some of such include:
- Tag others in conversations. This will increase your chances of being tagged back in similar conversations, hence helping to boost your brand’s visibility.
- Respond to their content. Whenever you are mentioned or tagged in a post, respond as soon as you can.
- Like and share their content
- Follow your users. But again, don’t overdo this. Choose only accounts relevant to your industry and follow them.
- Retweet their content. If you think their content is valuable and shares the same value with your brand, why not retweet it too?
Doing these will not only help boost your engagement but will also help you build a strong relationship between you and your followers.
4. Publish And Schedule Content According To Your Audience’s Time Zone
Check your audience to find the time they are most active. You want to publish content when your followers are most active. Those are called your peak hours.
While some people claim that tweets posted on weekends have higher CTRs than those posted during the days of the week, we recommend you do your own testing. Your peak hours will depend on your audience. So test and check how your tweets perform on different days and times.
Recognizing your peak hours will help you get more views, more engagement, and more clicks on your post.
You can use tools like Hootsuite or Buffer to schedule your tweets. Things will become easier for you on Twitter if you can schedule your posts, especially when you have to post the same content repeatedly over the next few weeks.
5. Be Authentic With Your Post And Add A Little Bit Of Humor
The truth is that Twitter is a place people primarily go to have fun. That is one of the things that sets the platform apart from its contemporaries. Users want to shop and engage with brands, but only if your voice is humorous and authentic. Find a way to work some humor into your tweets.
What kind of other posts should you make on Twitter?
- Post more images and videos: images perform more than texts, but videos outperform them all. So use images and videos to add context to your tweets.
- Use GIFs in your tweets, especially when replying to tweets posted by other users.
- Include emojis: emojis also perform really well on Twitter, so don’t exclude them from the equation.
- Use Twitter polls: this provides a perfect way to trigger engagement and hear your audience’s opinions about different subjects.
- Questions: from time to time, ask your followers questions and see their responses.
6. Use Templates And Presets
To make posting more effortless for you on Twitter, consider creating post templates. You can then edit them slightly to create a variety of similar, yet different posts. This allows you to create dynamic, eye-catching content without the need to spend too much time on it.
There are a couple of tools out there that can provide you with amazing, eye-catching templates you can quickly edit and use for Twitter posts. You can check out PosterMyWall; it’s a powerful tool that offers several and a variety of Twitter templates that can make promoting brands on Twitter a much easier work.
Furthermore, regularly update your Twitter header (your background image) based on the latest updates in your brand. Did you just launch a product? Create a Twitter banner that displays it.
7. Implement Hashtags
Research shows that tweets with hashtags get twice as much engagement as tweets without hashtags. So when posting your tweets, try to use relevant hashtags. It provides a great way to expand your influence on the platform. Using relevant hashtags in your posts will help users to find you. It can also increase engagement.
You can use Twitter Analytics to review your most successful hashtags, so you use them more in your tweets. However, don’t overuse hashtags. It will make your posts look spammy to your audience.
9. Keep An Eye On Your Competitors’ Accounts
Don’t neglect your competitors. Regularly check out what they are doing to market their brands on the platform. You can also view basic details about their engagement, such as their number of comments, retweets, and responses. This will help you know what’s working for them and see whether you can implement them too.
9. Keep Track Of Your Analytics
As you try your efforts on Twitter to market your brand and business, you will want to be sure your efforts are paying off. So, check if you are actually achieving your goals. Below are some metrics that matter to you on the platform:
- Engagement: this includes the number of follows, retweets, favorites, replies, and click-throughs your tweets get.
- Impressions: the number of times your tweets make it to your audiences’ timelines
- Hashtags: which of your hashtags do your audience and followers use more?
- Top tweets: check which of your tweets get the most engagement
You can keep track of these metrics by using some tools like Hootsuite and HubSpot. You can also use the tool Twitter created primarily for this purpose. That is the Twitter Analytics.
Twitter is indeed an amazing platform to market your brand organically. The platform plays a huge role in helping to build your online reputation and also helps you generate traffic and relevant leads. We have provided useful tips in this article to help you create an effective marketing plan on Twitter in 2021. Make use of the valuable information in the post, and watch your brand boom in no time.
If you are interested in even more business-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.