Some days when I want to feature some extraordinary photography or effect for you, it’s hard to pick which one to write about since there are so many creative techniques and photography collections to choose from. However, today the choice wasn’t difficult.
I found a flickr group that I absolutely love. It’s the Cookie Splash group, and each photograph features a splash. There are over 1,000 photographs from 824 members in this collection. I’ve often wondered how a photographer can capture a splash since it happens so fast. I assumed it was a complicated process; however, as you’ll see in the video below by De Vetpan Studios, it’s not as hard as it seems. I just love this look and these photographs!
Flickr user Siebe, an admin for the group, breaks it down into 7 easy steps:
1. Take a cool cup to capture
2. Fill it with coffee almost to the edge
3. Focus the camera manual on the glass
4. Be sure you’ve got a short exposure time (high iso makes that possible)
5. Set the camera on burst mode (continuous shooting)
6. Grab a tiny heavy object like an egg or something like that
7. Press the shutter and drop it!