The importance of using a licensed casino to play your favorite casino games cannot be overemphasized. CasinoBernie is an online review website that comprises a team of experts determined to help you narrow down your online casino options to only the best and licensed ones.
Online casinos are growing at a rapid pace with many new online casinos entering the market daily. The saturation of the gambling market makes it necessary for some form of mechanism to regulate the entry of online casinos and to separate the genuine from the chaff. The mechanism through which this is done is a licensing body.
The core function of a gambling license is to protect the players and the industry. Without any form of regulation, cybercriminals will have a field day stealing people’s information and money. His will in turn result in a bad image for online casinos and low patronage.
The body that issues the license is known as the licensing body or authority. Their job is to ensure that the casinos do not take undue advantage of the players and that their terms and conditions and wagering requirements are fair.
Top Online Casinos Regulators And License Providers
Licenses are an important indication of whether an online casino is worth the gamble or not. They provide a safeguard and a means of finding the best online casinos in a saturated market.
Some of the best online casino license providers around the world include:
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) – Alderney
- Directorate Of Offshore Gaming – Antigua and Barbuda
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA) – Gibraltar
- The lotteries And Gaming Authority (LGA) – Malta
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) – Canada
- Curacao e-Gaming Licensing Authority – Venezuela
- The Gambling Supervision Commission – Isle of Man
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) – United Kingdom
- Cyprus National Betting Authority – Cyprus
- The Philippines Gambling Commission – Philippines
- Montenegro eGaming – Montenegro
Why Is It Important To Play At A Licensed Casino
Licensing should be the number of criteria used by players in choosing the online casino to play their favorite games. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Players rate other aspects as more important such as bonuses and promotions, payment options, and quality/multiple games.
All the aspects listed above are a great way of reviewing and testing the strength of an online casino. But licensing has to be the key aspect, which if not present, it automatically strikes out the casino from our list.
Why is this important? Licensing is the most dependable measure we can use to gauge the fairness, trustworthiness, and reliability of an online casino. The various casino licensing authorities have strict standards that online casinos must pass before granting them a casino license.
About 99 percent of review sites online always point out the fact that all the casinos recommended are licensed and approved by top gambling authorities. In an internet world where online regulations are tough to enforce, licensing helps to keep players safe from cybercriminals.
Before an online casino can get licensed and approved, it has to meet the high standards set by the casino licensing authority. These standards show why licensing is an important indication never to ignore, they include fairness, safety, and quality.
By only choosing a licensed casino (licensed by a reputable authority), you are effectively eliminating all worries about fairness, safety, and quality.
What Are These Casino Licensing Requirements?
Casino Licensing Requirements refers to the standards an online casino has to meet before a gambling license can be issued. Licenses can also be revoked if the online casino fails to maintain the high standards required by the gambling licensing authority.
The requirements for getting a license varies from one licensing body to another. Some of these requirements include
- Providing a safe and secure environment for gambling: Online casinos have to take all necessary security measures to make their site safe and secure for players. Encryption technologies such as SSL encryption are required to keep the site safe and free from cybercriminals.
Encryption technologies offer an additional layer of protection for the site by making it impossible for cybercriminals to cart away the user’s information on the site.
- Assisting people with gambling addictions: The UKGC insists that online casinos should provide some form of assistance for people suffering from gambling addictions.
- Regular Testing of RNG: The Random Number Generator (RNG) is the technology that determines the outcome of online casino games (except live dealer games). Licensing bodies require casinos to submit their RNG technology to regular testing for fairness.
Licensed casinos are more reliable than non-licensed ones. All top casinos have a gambling license.
If you are interested in even more entertainment-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.