To streamline your production operation, it is necessary to establish an efficient labeling system. It helps you in cost optimization in the long term and results in product consistency. If you invest correctly, a multifaceted label applicator helps to improve the financial bottom line.
Sometimes it is hard to search for the perfect applicator to conduct business operations. Most businesses demand advanced application label printing machinery. But for some, just the equipment that serves the purpose of applying labels with ideal pressure is enough. It is a great way to follow the simple way to introduce innovative products without compromising brand consistency.
What Are Label Applicators? – What Is The Value They Offer In Your Business Operation?
Label applicators are nothing but machines that are best for applying labels automatically to pressure-sensitive products. The label rolls can be pre-printed, or the applicator itself directly prints which are mounted on the label applicator ahead of application on the product bottles, containers, drums, or packages.
The label applicator has gained popularity, and its presence is essential in the operation of packaging because it is easy to customize as per the manufacturer’s need. Another best feature is flexibility in getting configured to diversified systems and products.
The automated label applicator helps in better productivity. Also, lower the operating cost. A label applicator implemented with proper planning, well-built, simple to run, accurate, and fast helps recover the cost.
The return on your investment is high as the dependency on manual labor reduces. You can also notice an increase in your output. But it is vital to select the perfect system to reap all the related advantages.
Different Kinds Of Label Applicators
1. Integrated, Automatic Label Applicators
The integration of these label applicators happens in the manufacturing process directly. One more step becomes a part of the conveyor to the existing production line. These multi-utility applicator settings can happen in-line. It becomes an automated part of the conveyor to perform labeling tasks. Or else off-line is also possible, where human intervention comes into the picture.
2. Semi-Automatic Label Applicators
Label applicators that are semi-automatic functions through an operator. He is responsible for keeping the item inside a jig assembly or a fixture. Then he can use a sensor situated within the machinery or foot pedal to apply the label. Such type of label applicators comes with a tabletop design. It helps in promoting comfort and portability. Generally, integrating such applicators into the existing production line is not possible.
3. Independent Label Applicators
A modular design is best suited for using an independent label applicator for flexibility. Integration with the third party, the existing production line is also possible. You can also install them on some other machinery or conveyor directly.
Selecting The Best Label Applicator
Now that you are clear with a few alternatives of label applicator, it is essential to evaluate which one will suit your business operation the best. No second thought, the labeling solution above all must give you cost-optimization. It simply means the equipment must function at the expected application pace, lower the labor cost, and return on investment must be worth it in the long run. But there is more to it apart from these concerns.
There are a few technical know-how that you must not overlook in choosing a label applicator.
- Product Surface: It is vital to see that the label applicator can manage the packaging shape. It must not raise concern if the surface shape is irregular, convex, concave, or flat.
- Sizes of Label: Apart from the shape, the label applicator size must be flexible to accommodate the label dimension as per your specification.
- Label Position Capability: Once you are sure of your label applicator accommodation to the dimension and shape of the company’s brand label, make sure that it reaches the package surface. It must not be a concern if it is on the side, bottom, top, or a mix of something.
- Compatibility with the Material: The label applicator must not face any issue with the material you use for label printing. The material may vary from foil, film, paper, or any other kind of material.
- Application Rate: Buy a label applicator that suits your business operation. The pace of the application can be calculated in products each minute. It should give your current rates or provide a chance to bring improvement without hampering accuracy.
- Accuracy: Probably the most crucial requirement is accuracy. A label applicator must not compromise on accuracy. The misplacement of the label every time may result in a negative impact on the brand. All the efforts to streamline the label operation can go in vain.
Research To Getting Better Returns
Implementing the latest technology in the labeling system gives better results for your organization. You may have to do detailed research to select the best-in-class applicator. Many crucial factors need attention before you invest in the label applicator.
It is always better to consult a professional to provide you with the best labeling solution. The advice from the expert and investment in the correct machinery results in a high return on your capital. It also helps in brand recognition.
If you are interested in even more geek-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.