Any unusual condition that is creating trouble for a long time should not be ignored. Even a persistent cough or a headache at the particular time of the day, experienced for a long period of time can be a threat to health. The symptoms that often people tend to ignore may signify some serious condition or disease.
It is advisable to go for a routine check-up; this will help in the early detection of disease. Also, it helps in the prevention of certain disease at early stages. If a disease is detected at an early stage, there are high chances of getting cured.
Serious symptoms such as blood in vomit or chest pain should not be the only reason to visit a doctor. Some of the most common symptoms mentioned below should be paid attention to and should be discussed with a medical professional.
1. Unexplained Weight Loss: Sudden weight loss or unexplained weight loss may signify some underlying medical conditions. When weight loss is persistent or significant, it may be a sign of a medical disorder.
Weight is affected by the activity performed, calories intake, nutrients proportion, age, and social and economic factors. If none of the above-mentioned factors are altered, then a doctor should be consulted to find the exact cause. These are the 10 Tips to help you to choose a right doctor.
Losing more than 5% of body weight in 6 months to a year in an older adult is a serious concern and a doctor recommends for a medical evaluation of the body.
2. Shortness Of Breath: Heart and lungs are responsible for transportation of oxygen to tissues and also for removal of oxygen. If an individual is having trouble in breathing, it may signify some problem with lung or heart.
Some of the causes that can lead to shortness of breath may include the following:
- Heart failure
- Hypotension (Low blood pressure)
- Sudden blood loss
- Lung cancer
3. Abdomen Pain: Pain in the abdomen region may be because of consumption of caffeinated drink or some wrong food intake. In the case of women, abdomen pain may begin due to menstrual cramps. However, if the pain is persistent, it may signify ovarian cancer, kidney stones, appendicitis pain, liver infection, etc.
These symptoms should not be overlooked and a doctor should be consulted as soon as possible. Early detection can help in the treatment. One can follow these 10 Healthy Eating Tips also.
4. Change In Mood Or Confusion: It is normal to go through mood changes. An individual’s mood is often affected by the environment. Mood changes are considered to be healthy unless it does not interfere with healthy living conditions.
On the other hand, if a person faces conditions such as extreme happiness and extreme sadness frequently and on regular basis then it may signify some serious mental concerns. A doctor should be consulted for frequent mood swings and the root cause should be detected as there can be several reasons behind it. Some of the causes of frequent mood swings include:
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Bipolar disorder
- Other health conditions
5. Persistent Fever: Fever signifies that the body is trying to fight infections. Fever is followed by physical discomfort and gets over in a day or two. Depending on the immunity system of the body and age factor, sometimes fever doesn’t require any treatment.
Normally fever is not considered a threat to health; however, if fever exceeds 39.4˚ Celsius (103˚ Fahrenheit), or fever that continues for more than 3 days a doctor should be consulted. Fever may signify underlying medical conditions such as:
- Medicine contraindications
- Heart injury including heart stroke
- Infections in the lungs, brain, skin, bladder, etc.
- Blood clots
- Hormonal disorders
6. Nagging Cough: The main reason of a cough is respiratory tract infection. If a cough is experienced for more than two days, it may signify flu or cold. If it persists for a week, it may indicate some allergy or bronchitis, in some cases. However, if a cough persists for more than two weeks, it may be due to some serious issue which may require medical attention.
A persistent cough does not always indicate tuberculosis. However, it may signify that disorders in lungs. Some people become aware of their asthma when they suffer from cold. Acid reflux can also be one of the conditions of a persistent cough. Also, excess use of nasal spray for more than 3 days can also result in the stuffy nose. Some of the conditions of which a cough might be a symptom of are listed below:
- Lung cancer
- Lung infections
- Cigarette smoke
- Lung diseases
- Heart failure
- Psychological disorders
7. Skin Rash: Skin rashes are defined as the noticeable change in the texture of the skin, sometimes followed by inflammations, pain, redness, and swellings. The change might occur due to an insect bite or skin allergies in certain weather. But, if this symptom occurs suddenly without any sign of a bite, then there are chances that blood is infected by some antigen. Introduction of antigen in the blood may lead to ringworm infection, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. Persistent skin rash may indicate conditions like rosacea, impetigo, etc.
Some of these infections can start at one spot and spread all over the body. Also, some skin infections are communicable and might get transmitted to another person. Hence, a medical professional should be consulted and the root cause of the changes should be detected.
The symptoms mentioned above may be very normal but can be hazardous, if proper attention is not paid. “Health is wealth” and it should be considered and followed seriously. Any symptom that is not usual should be diagnosed; this will help an individual in living a long and happy life.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels then we have a lot to choose from.