As you go about your day, you come into contact with many people who all have different vibrations and energies. Whether you realize it or not, you pick up bits and pieces of these people’s energies. That’s where cleansing spells and rituals come in! Sometimes it’s lovely, uplifting, and recharging. Other times it can be draining, irritating, and downright depressing.
This is especially true for empaths, as they are extra sensitive to these energies, but even non-empaths will pick up on the energies of those they encounter. It’s not just humans, either. Objects, animals, and places can hold energies as well, distributing them around like pollen in the wind!
Most magick practitioners cleanse their own auras on a daily basis, before doing any spells or rituals and before using any new objects or tools for their castings. If you’re a new or “baby witch”, it’s a great habit to get into.
Just like most things, everyone has their own preferred methods for doing cleansing spells and rituals. You can find a lot of different methods on MagickalSpot.com. Some people choose to take a literal bath using salt and essential oils.
Some choose to use candles, gemstones, and crystals. Some people create their own sigils for cleansing (magickal symbols used in spells and rituals), and others choose to say a simple chant during meditation to release these negative energies.
I personally do a cleanse before every casting, as I find that it eliminates any chance of ‘cross-contamination’ of energies. Here are three of my favorite cleansing rituals that are very easy for anyone to do, even complete beginners!
- Fill your bathtub with warm, relaxing water.
- Add a few handfuls of salt. Epsom salts work great and are readily available at big box stores and grocery stores.
- Optionally, you can add a few drops of essential oil, such as rose oil or lavender, which will help to relax your own energy, which allows the negative energies to dissipate.
- Soak for at least 20 minutes, and as you watch the steam rise from the water, take some deep breaths and visualize the negative energies leaving your body as you exhale.
- I prefer to do this cleansing ritual just before bed, as it tends to make me feel very relaxed and sleepy!
Simple Candle Cleansing
This is one of the cleansing spells that I often do for my clients on Fridays, who have had a rough week and just need to decompress and be released from all of that negativity they have accumulated so that they can enjoy their time off work over the weekend. Here’s how you can do it for yourself!
- Light a white candle with a cleansing scent such as fresh linen (think laundry!).
- Take three deep cleansing breaths (5 seconds of inhaling, 5 seconds of holding your breath, and then 5 seconds of exhaling).
- Using your hands, “gather up” the negative energy within yourself, negative thoughts and feelings, and as you “push” them into the flame, blow it out.
- Take three more cleansing breaths, and you’re done!
Quartz Crystal Cleansing
This method does require the use of a quartz crystal, but they are easily found in costume jewelry such as necklaces, rings, and bracelets. You can also order a quartz amulet or pendulum online, or even just a stone by itself.
- Using any size or color of quartz crystal, hold it in your hands and ‘charge it’ with your own positive energy.
- Rub the crystal on your forehead, chin, chest, tummy, knees, and all the way down to your toes. Follow the centerline of your body.
- As you do this, imagine that you are collecting all the negative energy into the quartz-like magnet.
- When you are finished, set the quartz stone outside under the moonlight to ‘recharge’ it for the next use. The negative energy it collected will dissipate naturally within 10 minutes.
- If you do a lot of castings or readings for other people, you can use multiple quartz stones to cleanse yourself between rituals or readings.
No matter what method you choose for your own cleansing, they should leave you feeling refreshed and renewed, ready to get a good night’s sleep, go about your day or begin your own castings for yourself or others.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.