I love Diana’s article You Want Something? Go Get It. Period. I was really moved by that post and was thinking about it for quite sometime.
Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something. The term is also often applied to a lively or eager interest in or admiration for a proposal, cause, or activity.
Often times we have already identified that passion but getting there is another thing. If you dream of something that you want badly enough that you can taste it? Or if it leaves you sleepless at night then you need to fuel that passion and just do it. But how you may ask? I myself had some struggles and faced so many challenges but happily I can say that I am still working on it and that I am on the road to fulfilling my dreams. Here are some things that you might want to consider:
1. Don’t wait for time, make time – Busy, busy, we always say that, but when are we really not busy? Give at least 30 minutes to 1 hour of your time a day, to either start learning what you want to do (ex. cooking, painting, designing etc) and stick to it, taking small steps is better than not doing nothing at all. I work, 9 to 10 hours a day on my regular job and sometimes even more, but giving myself time to do what i love most (writing, drawing) really helped me even with my productivity at work. Being happy and fulfilled does make a big difference.
2. Don’t give up when you encounter difficulties – Some are lucky when they pursue their dreams, but there maybe occasions when you encounter challenges. When I started blogging last year and started my personal blog, I had difficulties with having people even look at it, took some months before I even had someone follow my blog, but i persisted and found ways to make stuff interesting. As most of the people I know who have been successful, they would always tell me that, something worth doing usually is hard, and you would need to go through a lot, but most worthy things usually are.
3. Give your heart and soul into it – Commit to it and give your very best. Most successful people I meet would always tell me that they all started from scratch, they were not great or famous instantly, it took them great courage, dedication and discipline to get where they are now. We in turn have our own talents and gifts that we just need to nurture.
4. Hang with people you know that have the same passion as yours – Having positive and encouraging people always helps, they can give you the boost you need when you are in a slump. I attribute my daily inspiration to people who have taught me a lot and have been there cheering me on as I continue my journey to reaching my goals.
5. Set an achievable goal for yourself – It is always good to set a goal that you know you can achieve, setting something that you know is impossible will only cause you grief and in turn cause you to stop. What do I mean here, When I set myself to finally write and start a blog, I did not set to be one in a span of 2 to 3 weeks or even months, what I said was that in 2009 I will at least have gotten a blog up with good content and have a set of people interested in reading, and then build up on that. Having too much expectation in a short span of time with very little experience would have caused disastrous outcome and would have been demotivating for me.
We all have our passion that can make us happy and fulfilled inside. For me it’s writing and designing. I hope the tips here will enable you to unleash that fire inside of you and make that dream of yours come true.