Today, in addition to their standard assortment, many manufacturers produce the furniture according to customer requirements. Such individual projects allow customers to use valuable living space beneficially. Individual furniture is a great opportunity to decorate your home, apartment, or office in the way you want. The main thing is not to forget that some standards cannot be broken.
Variety Of Individual Orders
Nowadays, the customer has two main ways to buy unique furniture:
- Make some changes to the standard model by choosing the original color of the case, unusual upholstery material, or fittings. This is a very common service that large manufacturers provide to users at the stage of forming order in the store.
- Make an individual order. It can be a set of logo bar stools like on https://www.richardsonseating.com/collections/logo-bar-stools or a unique model of the table. The quality of such furniture directly depends on the skill of the performer.
If you want to add unusual accents to your interior, ordering the individual design of the furniture will be a perfect option. Below you will find the pros and cons of this decision.
Pros And Cons Of Custom Furniture
The practical and bright individual furniture is similar to manual tailoring – it perfectly fits your interior and solves customer problems. Having ordered the unique furniture, the consumer receives:
- exact dimensions of furniture;
- high functionality;
- unique design;
- matching the style and color of the interior.
Even if you are now sure that you will have enough with the standard model – think about the fact that you can improve some features. For example, choose a sofa upholstery that will not fade in a bright room, add a couple of drawers, change the material to a more durable or cheaper.
Disadvantages of custom-made furniture are most often manifested in individual projects, especially if the small firms do not have the proper equipment and materials. So, you can face the following issues:
- wrong dimensions;
- low-quality materials;
- violation of technological processes, etc.
Typical products are manufactured according to state standards, and minor changes, especially the decorative ones, are acceptable. Just remember that some changes can lead to other changes. For example, a bed made in a non-standard size or unusual shape requires a suitable mattress and bedding, the price of which is often also higher, because they also have to be made individually.
Custom-made cabinet furniture requires special attention, and such projects should be trusted only to certified reputable manufacturers.
Take a look at your living space and furniture. What changes would you make if you had the opportunity to choose a model to order? Perhaps, it’s time to make your wishes come true? Good luck.