I love Twitter and I know so many people who also love it as much as I do. We have a special bond that some people do not understand. Social media has really changed the way we live and view things.
Some people even question why we tweet a lot and why we value the social networking platform so much. I guess it is understandable why they ask those questions, and I know it’s hard for them to understand us because they have not gone through what we experience daily. Twitter is a lot of fun. You get to meet new people, share information, converse 24/7, play music and even help others in need.
Can you spot someone who is a Twitterholic? There are some signs and actions that will allow you to spot one. I have listed some of the signs that give away and expose our Twitter addiction. Twitterholics use these things and have these characteristics. Do you recognize any of them?
1. The pound sign (#) has a different meaning on Twitter – It is called a hashtag and it’s used for search words or trending topics.
2. We use @ not just on our email address, but also on Twitter.
3. We can communicate 140 characters at a time or sometimes even less.
4. We know the breaking news ahead of other people.
5. We tend to sleep less than others.
6. Everyone knows what we are doing most of the time.
7. We hug people almost everyday (virtual hugs that is).
8. We laugh out loud even when we are just in front of the computer.
9. We call gatherings “Tweet ups.”
10. We share our photos on Twitpic, not just on FaceBook.
11. Time differences have no meaning to us. Distance is not a barrier for our communicating and sharing.