Ripping a DVD is by many considered illegal, and most people don’t understand the usefulness of this feature. According to copyright laws around the world you are allowed to copy a DVD, or rip as it is commonly known as, if you have bought the DVD and want another copy of it perhaps in your car, summer house etc. There are plenty of scenarios where you would want to have multiple copies of the same movie without having to buy several copies of the same movie. What’s not legal is to distribute the copied DVD to other people. WinX DVD Copy Pro is one of the leading programs that allow you to create copies of your purchased DVDs and today we are going to take a closer look at why this software has become so popular.
WinX DVD Copy Pro is a Windows software with a backpack full of useful features that will help you keep your DVD collection in good shape. Currently WinX DVD Copy Pro runs on Microsoft® Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista (32 & 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit), which should pretty much fit most people running Windows on their computer today.
After digging a little deeper in this software’s toolbox, it’s clear that the reason it’s so popular is the variety of features made available to you. We reached out to the developers, Digiarty, to see if we could get an exclusive in-depth demonstration of these features, and our extended inquiry was approved. It’s through this demonstration that we are able to present a fast and information packed review of WinX DVD Copy Pro.
The features that stand out the most are all industry leading and has without a doubt helped this software take the helm as the most advanced DVD cloning software on the market. As said, there are actually several features, nine exactly, that stands out the most, and we have compiled them in a list below to make it easier for you to dig through them yourself.
- 9 DVD Copy Schemes
- – Clone DVD to Blank DVD Disc – copy D9 to D9 or D5 to D5; sector-by-sector copy; keep 1:1 ratio; zero quality loss.
- – Clone DVD to ISO image – 1:1 mirroring DVD to ISO image.
- – Back up DVD to VIDEO_TS folder – ready to playback on computer.
- – Unique! Copy DVD to MPEG2 File – copy original DVD data and remux to a single MPEG-2 file which can be played back on PS3, Xbox, Wii and TVs from USB flash drive, even further edit in Windows Media Center. The MPEG 2 file cloned from the DVD can perfectly keep original video tracks and 5.1-channel AC3/DTS Dolby audio. This is the quickest way to make DVD backup which takes 5 minutes or less (depending on CPU and DVD drive speed).
- – DVD Chapter Backup – copy only a certain range of chapters, especially designed for Episodic TV series DVDs and Music video DVDs.
- – Extract Video from DVD movie for particular use.
- – Extract Audio from DVD movie for particular use.
- – ISO Mounter – create a virtual drive while mounting DVD ISO image for direct ripping, burning or playing.
- – DVD Burner – burn existing ISO image or DVD folder to DVD disc.
Many times it’s almost impossible to make a legal copy of a DVD because of the different copy protection features most DVDs are encoded with. This is something that WinX DVD Copy Pro masters really well, perhaps the best in the industry. One in particular that many programs have difficulties dealing with is the Disney New DVD Copy Protection that Disney uses on pretty much all of their DVDs nowadays. DVD protected by Disney New DVD Copy Protection usually has 99 titles, and the DVD movie size is larger than 40 GB, which makes it difficult to deal with. However, WinX DVD Copy Pro can backup DVDs with the following copy protection encodings, including the Disney New DVD Copy Protection.
- Commercial DVD CSS encryption.
- DVD Region Code Enhanced (RCE).
- User operation prohibition (UOP).
- Sony ARccOS DVD protection.
- The Analog Protection System (APS).
- Disney New DVD Copy Protection – Disney X-project DRM.
Sometimes when backing up a DVD or copying it will result in bad sectors. WinX DVD Copy Pro has an advanced bad sector recovery engine that repair these corrupted sectors to the greatest degree while backing up scratched, dirty, worn and minor cracked DVDs. The software can also clone DVD with Sony ARccOS bad sectors deliberately created on the DVD to crash ordinary DVD cloning tools.
People that are using cloning, ripping or copy software know that a lot of programs on the market are quite CPU intensive. This is not the case with WinX DVD Copy Pro. With an average CPU cost of less than 1%, its source-efficient DVD backup process is effective enough to produce a 1:1 DVD Copy within 12-17 minutes (also depending on CPU and DVD drive speed). Moreover, its beginner-friendly interface makes a DVD copy as easy as 1-2-3 routine. Flexible settings allow you to fully control and customize output personalized DVD discs.
These features all make up the formidable and robust software that WinX DVD Copy Pro really is, and we strongly recommend you all to try it out. We’re actually excited to tell you that our extended inquiry to Digiarty to demonstrate the software resulted in an special, however limited offer, that will allow you all to download WinX DVD Copy Pro entirely for FREE. The giveaway starts today and will end on November 4 so don’t waste any time, hop over to the giveaway page, click “Get It Free!” and then install. Use the license code (available in the text file included in the unzipped folder) to unlock all the features in the software. It really is as simple as that!
Digiarty also offers a range of other really great programs that will allow you to rip your favorite movies to your favorite mobile devices devices. One such software is WinX DVD Ripper Platinum that you can read up on over at Digiarty’s home on the web.