Are you the type of person who worries a lot about the future? Do you have sleepless nights because you worry about what will happen tomorrow? Do you worry so much about it that you end up not enjoying today? I am not a happy go lucky person, I take my responsibilities in life very seriously. But one thing I have learned is that I also need to make sure that everyday counts. We can easily get carried with the burdens of life and end up not being able to live TODAY to the fullest.
Remember that we can never bring back today and today matters! I am not saying that we need to forget our obligations, but rather, just make sure that we do not forget to enjoy the little pleasures in life. Here are some tips that I hope will allow you to enjoy and live the moment!
1. Start a hobby – Or, you can work on what you are passionate about. Don’t put it off for another day. If you are able to make your life a bit happier by doing what you love to do the most, then by all means, go for it. We will never be “not busy,” so try to allot some time for that special activity that you have been trying to start for ages, but could not because of time constraints.
2. Make a new friend – This is a great way to open your horizons. Maybe you have a new office mate or a new neighbor. Walk up to that person and introduce yourself. Who knows, he or she could end up to be your BFF in the future. You will never know unless you try, so be the first one to approach. You will not lose anything by trying.
3. Do something daring – Try bungee jumping or exploring nature for example. Ask a friend to go with you for motivation. The adrenaline will surely make you feel alive again.
4. Volunteer – Diana once told me that it brings her so much happiness when she helps the homeless in her area. She says there is a certain joy that you feel by doing something that you never expect anything in return from. Now I know that feeling since I had the chance to join a group that taught the less fortunate children arts and crafts one day. She is absolutely right. Just seeing the smiles and the joy in the eyes of the kids when we all finished the project was priceless. All you need to share is one day, believe me, it will be worth the time you spend with people less fortunate than you. It will also enable you to appreciate what you have.
5. Start the day positive – The first thing I do when I wake up is say a little prayer. I try to make sure that I clear my mind and start off fresh each new day. Don’t start the day by pondering about what is wrong with everything around you. By starting your day in a positive way, you will make the most out of that time no matter what the day brings. Try it, you won’t regret it, I promise.
6. Make the day memorable – Write it down, create a journal and/or take pictures. Write down how you felt that day. Then, at some point in the future, look back at the pictures or read your journal again. You will see a side of yourself that you never thought was there in the beginning. How precious the memories are and the people that helped to make those memories special.
Maybe you have something that you can add on the list here. We would love to hear from you.