There’s more to dabbing than just a dance move that’s gone viral. Dabbing has recently gained popularity because of how strong the effect of dabbing is, in comparison to other forms of smoking. So, you’ve heard about the frenzy and are considering buying a dab rig.
With the internet exploding with different dab rigs, here’s a guide to give you the gist of what you need to know before you make that purchase. Let’s start off with the main question: What is a dab rig and how different is it from a bong?
A dab rig is a type of water pipe that isn’t designed to catch anything on fire, unlike a bong, pipe or other smoking devices. The name ‘dabbing’ comes from the process of ‘dabbing’ the concentrated extracts onto the heated dab nail.
When heated, a vapor is produced to be inhaled with a strong concentration that has a greater effect than a traditional bong, making it extremely popular. If you’re going to get high, you might as well make the most out of it.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Dab Rig?
- Dab rigs produce vapor instead of smoke.
- The size of the dab rig is smaller, producing more concentrated vapor.
- The flavor emitted by your concentrates is strong with almost odor-free smoke.
What Do You Need To Buy
The first thing you’ll need, of course, is the actual dab. A dab is a wax or oil concentrate form of marijuana. The reason for its popularity is that the dab is more potent than other forms of marijuana and contains much higher concentrations of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) than normal cannabis.
- Dab rigs – The next step would be to think about what kind of rig you will be using, and it’s a good idea to look into wholesale dab rigs, which are quite similar to a bong. A dab rig consists of a chamber, downstem and a nail. The most important and crucial part by far are the nails.
- Nails – The nail is the part where the dab is added onto. It is responsible for turning the dab into a vapor once it is heated. It comes in 4 different materials such as glass, quartz, ceramic and titanium. The type of material you choose can have an effect on the dab inhaling experience, the quality of the device and even how quickly the dab nail heats up.
While a glass nail is the cheapest option, it can be easily fractured needing to be replaced quite frequently. Titanium nails, on the other hand, are the most popular not only for their durability, but also because of the clean taste they provide after the seasoning process.
- Torches – While a normal lighter can still do the trick, it takes forever to heat a nail and can be quite difficult to control. That’s why a torch can come in handy and do the task rather quickly.
- Dabber – Some dab rigs come with dabbers, other times purchasing this pen-like device for dabbing the concentrate onto the nail is bought separately. Many people tend to overlook the dabbers entirely, and just dab the product straight from the bottle or wax onto the nail.
What To Keep In Mind
- Size – Size really does matter in this case! When buying a rig, it is important to make sure that it fits comfortably in one hand and if you want to be able to travel with it, then a smaller one will definitely be more portable. The reason why a dab rig is smaller than a bong is that concentrates are already processed and no combustion takes place. For this reason, the extra size isn’t needed to filter the smoke as it is only vapor.
- Durability – The material and thickness can determine how long the dab rig will last. If it is thick enough, you won’t mind spending some more cash on accessories. But, if this is a temporary rig that won’t last, then there’s no point in investing in any additional items.
- Style – Make sure that the dab rig speaks to you and matches your dabbing style. If you’re a newbie and just want to give dabbing a shot, then opt for a glass or ceramic nail. Once you’ve realized how awesome dabbing is, you can always upgrade to a quartz or titanium nail that is rather durable.
Personal preference can go a long way in matters of getting high. So, before you invest in a dab rig, be sure to experiment and give several rigs a try to see what you’re most comfortable with and which has the best effect to up your game and make it an unforgettable experience. Dab away and enjoy the perks.
If you are interested in even more technology-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.