September 2015 brought us the Sony Xperia Z5, the Japanese manufacturer’s second flagship of the year, a result of their relatively unusual strategy of releasing a new high-end device each six months. But hey, we’re all tech lovers here, so we can’t complain, right?
With a 5.2” full HD display, quad-core Snapdragon 810 chipset and a 23 MP camera on the back, it’s definitely one of the most desired phones of this fall, as a lot of fans are looking forward to buy it.
We all know that flagships don’t come for cheap if you opt for a SIM-free model, so most buyers will opt for a two-year contract, with a carrier of their choice. It’s true, you can get it for a great price like this, but the biggest minus is that the phone will be carrier-locked and you won’t be able to use it in whatever network you want.
On the other side, this should not be an issue, as there are a couple of methods you can use to unlock your Sony Xperia Z5, the most reliable one being by code. It’s a very simple and fast process and, most important, it doesn’t require any special software, cables or technical knowledge, so anybody can do it.
In order to obtain an unlock code for your phone, you need to follow these three easy steps:
2. Place an order: After picking the code provider, just head to the order page and provide the following information:
● a valid email address – you will receive your code by email
● the name and the country of the carrier you originally got your phone from
● the phone’s IMEI, which can be found by dialing *#06# on your phone
3. Insert the code you received and unlock your phone: In order to do this, you need a SIM card from an unsupported network, other than the one you’re currently using. Insert it into your Sony Xperia Z5 and wait for it to display a message like “SIM Network PIN”, alongside a field where you should type the unlock code.
Press “Unlock” and that’s it, you’re done! Your phone is now unlocked and you have the freedom to use it in any GSM network around the world.
More details about the whole unlocking process and other unlocking tutorials, for other brands, can be found on UnlockScope’s YouTube channel.
For those of you who want to place an order directly from a smartphone, you can download the UnlockScope app, available for free in the Play Store.
Like mentioned above, the easiest way to unlock your Sony Xperia Z5 is by code, but there are also other methods.
Rooting: In some cases, it might work, but it’s a very complicated process which should be done just by somebody with the proper technical knowledge. Not to mention that it’s a pretty risky process, with the possibility of totally damaging your phone.
Asking your carrier for an unlock code: Technically, if you’re done with your contract, most carriers should give you the code, no questions asked. Still, they can ask for money in exchange for it, a pretty big amount, and you’ll need to go to a couple of calls with their support line.
Unlocking your phone by code also brings a lot of benefits! Here are a few examples:
● You can always change your current provider with a better one, in order to get the best offers
● Avoid expensive roaming fees when you’re traveling to another country, by using a local SIM
● Increase the value of your phone and have bigger chances of selling it
To sum up, we could say that the everybody who wants to use a Sony Xperia Z5 with any carrier around the world should definitely unlock it by code. The whole process is safe, fast and simple, not to mention that it’s the cheapest method you can opt for!
How To Unlock Your Sony Xperia Z5 Smartphone
IMAGES: [UNLOCKUNIT] [ALPHR]