Microsoft 365 (M365) is one of the most popular cloud-based productivity suites around. Organizations use the various applications and services under the M365 umbrella to improve productivity, workflow, communication, collaboration, and document management.
Although M365 is a fairly sophisticated platform, it needs planning and management for optimized operation. Let’s look at some steps that can help you manage your M365 environment more efficiently and unlock the full potential of the platform securely.
Step 1: Consult With Professionals
One of the best ways to unleash M365 productivity for a medium to a large-sized organization in today’s fast-paced workplace is to hire a Managed IT Productivity Services provider. The right team can help you monitor and manage Microsoft 365 and much more. With top M365 support, your organization can take complete advantage of the software and get the business value you deserve.
Step 2: Outline Your Policies
Define your policies, procedures, and guidelines surrounding M365. Your governance plan will determine how your company utilizes M365 and should cover:
- User access
- Data storage
Step 3: Leverage M365 Management Tools
M365 offers a number of management tools. Leverage these to your advantage to optimize your M365 environment.
- Microsoft 365 Admin Centre allows you to manage your business on the cloud, helping you add or remove users, modify licenses, or change passwords.
- PowerShell for M365 complements the Admin Centre, offering more information, account and license management options, and the ability to create reports.
- Azure Active Directory is a cloud-based identity and access management service that allows your IT admins, app developers, and other employees to access external resources.
Step 4: Assign Permissions
Think about the roles and permissions you need to assign. These permissions will determine which users have access to your assets. Assign permissions on a need-to-access basis to optimize productivity while maintaining security.
Step 5: Learn The Usage Analytics Dashboard
Microsoft 365 usage analytics is a powerful tool that can help you learn how your organization is embracing different services within Microsoft 365. With this tool, you can monitor usage and recognize areas that require improvement.
Step 5: Pick The Best License
There are a number of licensing options for M365. Pick the right subscription model by consulting with your IT services provider to get optimal value for your organization.
- Microsoft 365 E3 offers a suite of productivity apps with support and work management capabilities that improve teamwork, business relations, and data security. It costs CAD $47.90 per month, per user.
- Microsoft 365 E5 offers the same apps and services as the E3 plan. However, this plan is more feature-rich, with more thorough security, compliance, and analytical tools. It also offers voice and video capabilities. It costs CAD $73 per month, per user.
Step 6: Back Data Regularly
Security threats such as malware attacks, phishing expeditions, and supply chain attacks are escalating. Most of these threats can result in data loss or corruption. Experts suggest that you create regular backups to minimize operational downtime due to data loss.
Step 7: Use Microsoft 365 DLP
Microsoft 365 DLP is a simple yet robust framework. It leverages the strength of the synergy created by a strong framework, technologies, policies, tools and methods to create a system that helps protect sensitive data. Set up M365 DLP policies to protect your confidential information today.
Step 8: Set Up Training Programs
A well-trained team is a significant asset for M365 management. Work with professionals to teach your staff how to use M365 optimally. If you’ve already invested in training, consider offering refresher courses to help keep everyone on track.
Step 9: Keep M365 Updated
Microsoft regularly releases updates for its software. While some of these updates plug security vulnerabilities, others improve performance and fix compatibility issues. Please update your platform regularly to keep it optimized.
M365 runs best with planning, execution, and effective management. Follow the 9 tips listed above to enhance your platform. Don’t hesitate to consult with IT professionals to take your M365 environment to the next level.
If you are interested in even more apps-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.