4 Things To Know Before You Pick A Health Insurance Plan

Choosing a health insurance plan can be complicated as it is an intricate process. It is advisable to consider all types of insurance plans with their varying differences in quality and fees. To ensure you are picking the one that best suits you, below are the 4 things you need to know when purchasing an insurance plan.

4 Tips Health Insurance Header Image

IMAGE: PEXELS

1. Know The 4 “Metal” Categories

There are four categories of health insurance plans: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Each category determines how you and your insurance provider will share costs. These plan categories have no relation to the care provided. All four plans provide preventive care, free of charge.

Bronze

Bronze insurance plan pays 60% of costs, and you will pay the remaining 40%.

Bronze plans have the lowest monthly premium. This option is beneficial if you acquire a low-cost method to protect yourself from the worst, possible medical cases incidents, such as severe injuries or risky illnesses.

Silver

The silver plan ensures the company pays 70% of all costs, leaving you to handle the remaining 30%. The monthly premium is moderate. It’s important to note that if you qualify for cost-sharing reductions, you ought to pick a silver plan to retrieve “extra savings.”

Gold

The gold insurance package covers 80% of all costs, and all you need to do is pay 20% out-of-pocket. A gold plan has a high monthly premium. This works out if you need a lot of care and are willing to pay more each month to ensure that most costs are covered by the plan when you require medical care.

Platinum

The platinum package affords the majority of costs, paying a whopping 90%, allowing you to only provide 10% of the costs. The platinum plan has a higher monthly premium.  If you require a lot of medical care and are willing to pay a high monthly cost, this is the plan you should opt for, as nearly all care costs are covered by this insurance plan.

2. Choose Your Health Plan Marketplace

Most people tend to receive health insurance from an employer, which means the company you work for is your marketplace. If your occupation does not provide insurance, shopping for health insurance plans with Independence Blue Cross is a great way to go. Not only do they have plans designed to meet whatever budget, you may be working on, but also have an array of doctors and practitioners. Purchasing through private exchanges helps you become more acquainted with your provider.

3. Consider Your Total Healthcare Costs

When you select an insurance plan you must consider your total health care costs. In order to pick the right plan for you, you’ll need to estimate your medical services for the upcoming year and base your plan on your total costs of care.

4. Compare Plans

In order to select the appropriate plan for yourself, you must compare them. Compare the benefits each one provides, compare the health plan networks, and last but not least, compare the out-of-pocket costs; this is where you will discover how much you’ll have to pay yourself and how much the plan will cover.

Once you’ve brushed up on the knowledge of the four metal categories, you must follow this list before purchasing any insurance plans. The most vital part of the process is based on you comparing the costs you’ll pay, the costs the plan will cover, and the benefits offered to you before making your choice.

If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.

4 Tips Health Insurance Article Image

IMAGE: PEXELS

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0