Cannabis is an annual plant. In a season, Sativa can reach up to 5 m in height, and Indica – 1-1.5 m. Plants are male and female, with each sex producing different types of flowers. The female plant produces buds that are used for relaxation and medicinal purposes. The male plant produces a small flower that also produces pollen, but neither pollen nor any other part of the plant contains THC. Growers tend to avoid male plants.
The best option to avoid cannabis deficiencies and also get a great harvest is to purchase feminized strains. There are practically no males in them. For the first experience, it is recommended to purchase the most unpretentious varieties of marijuana: White Widow, Northern Light, Blue Dream, B. Lee, etc. In this review, beginners will learn information that will allow them to understand how to germinate cannabis seeds in a quality manner.
What Do Healthy Cannabis Seeds Look Like When Ready to Germinate?
Cannabis seeds resemble flax seeds: they are dark earthy in color, round and shiny in appearance. Make sure that when buying, you get dry and hard seeds because if they are loose and damaged, the work will be in vain.
Under good conditions, the germination of cannabis seeds takes 3-7 days. This can be done both directly in the ground itself and in a damp towel, napkin, and peat granule. The latter option is very convenient because it allows you to monitor the plant and then plant it in the soil, without the danger of damaging the delicate root system.
How to Germinate Cannabis Seeds In The Ground?
This is the most natural and correct way, but it does not allow you to see all the metamorphoses that occur with the seed. Germination of cannabis seeds in the ground consists of the following steps:
- Purchase soil from a specialty store and make sure it has a neutral pH of 5.8-6.2.
- Spread the soil in pots, boxes, or glasses: one container – one seed.
- Moisten the soil with clean water.
- Make a recess no more than 2-3 cm, place a seed in it and cover it with earth.
- Wrap the container in cling film or place a clear plastic cup on top. As it dries, moisten the soil with a spray bottle.
If the germination of hemp seeds was done correctly, then a sprout will appear in a maximum of a week. On rounded leaves, you will see the shell from the seed. It can neither be removed nor touched – the plant itself will drop the “burden” when it gets stronger.
How To Germinate Cannabis Seeds In A Peat Tablet
Often, with this method, home-heated mini-greenhouses are used, as well as special nutrient mixtures instead of ordinary water. Instead of peat tablets, you can use mineral wool – the principle will be the same.
- Place the seed in the cavity of the tablet.
- Line the bottom of a box or greenhouse with drainage material and fill it with a small amount of liquid.
- Spread the seed tablets evenly throughout the container so that they have access to water.
- Put the box in a bright place and wait for the first leaves to appear. Now the sprout can be transplanted.
Germination of hemp seeds in peat tablets is a process that requires significant material investments but gives a good result.
Disclaimer: This tutorial is only for people living in countries/states where it is legal to grow these types of plants. If it is illegal in your country/state or if you don’t have the permits to grow these types of plants then you are committing a criminal act growing these types of plants. No exceptions.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.