Winter will soon be upon us, which means we’ll be waking up to wet & cold mornings. I’m sure the last thing which will be on your mind is working out. But, winter brings Christmas, and Christmas brings New Year’s Eve, which all lead to the little black dress & black-tie events. Keeping your fitness levels up throughout winter will not only mean you are looking your best for this party season but it will also improve your mood throughout these dark months. If getting an at-home personal trainer isn’t an option, we have another idea for you – our list of the top 5 apps to keep you motivated to stay fit this winter.
- Runkeeper – This app provides a community for everyone; whether you’re going for a run, walk, jog, bike or any activity. It allows you to track your exercise, set goals, sweat and see progress along the way. It also has a GPS, which enables you to have a clear view of your training in real time. It has personalized routines and helpful reminders, just in case! To stay motivated you are able to join challenges, achieve exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friend’s perfect for that extra push.
- MyFitnessPal – Here is an app designed especially so you can keep track of the things you eat; the more you log, the more you’ll learn about your habits and how to make healthier choices. It has the largest food database with over 5 million foods. This is perfect in the winter when there is a lot of temptation at different parties, you will be able to keep track of the food you eat. You are also able to track and monitor your fitness and steps. By joining this community, you are able to connect with friends and easily track and motivate each other.
- Nike+ Run Club – Not only does this app track your run by GPS, but it also gives nifty details including your pace, distance, elevation, heart rate and mile sprints. It also gives you a personalized coaching programme which adapts with your current fitness level and progress. This app also has leaderboards which let you compare and compete with friends and fellow runners. You even have motivation from Nike athletes like Kevin Hart, Mo Farah, and Allyson Felix. This will be perfect for those cold winter months to spark that initial drive.
- Fit Radio – Has 3 fantastic settings, the first option is a coaching tab which will instruct and encourage you through an entire cardio session; giving you that much-needed motivation. The second feature is the music tab, this allows you access to thousands of DJ mixes which are specifically designed for your workout. You are able to sort these by genre, BPM, and activity. The last tab is the running tab, the element matches the music to your pace. Your food will hit the pavement on the beat. This will certainly encourage you to forget about the cold.
- Sworkit – This app has over 25 million people using it and is suitable for all; beginners, athletes, people with injuries, the young and the old. This app shows you exactly what to do. You do not need a gym, or weights or excuses! With a huge database of body weight exercises, this means you can do these workouts anywhere! Throughout the winter you can avoid rainy mornings and train in the warmth of your own home.
With this amazing technology, you are able to train throughout winter with encouragement and motivation from inside your pocket!
For more fitness-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, click here!