Recently, the mustache has made a massive comeback. It exudes manliness but can go wrong real quick. If you are aware of how to maintain a mustache, it takes an incredible amount of patience and effort to properly trim it. In this article, we’ll get you acquainted with both the technique and the mustache tools you’ll need to get the job done correctly.
How To Grow A Thicker Mustache?
There’s literally nothing much to grow a mustache: just don’t shave over your lip for a month. But the thing is how to do it in a way that doesn’t look creepy, patchy, and thin. What you can do to fix the patchiness once and for good, and to influence better, stronger, fuller, and faster growth?
The result naturally depends on different hair densities, fullness, texture, color, and growth rates. But knowing how to grow a mustache faster you can take matters into your own hands. Dermatologists advise:
- Focus on foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Nourish your facial hair with argan and jojoba oils to it moist and supple.
- Avoid things that negatively impact testosterone levels (such as stress, lack of sleep, using alcohol, and processed foods, all of which increase cortisol levels).
Anyway, facial hair growth is almost dependent on genetics. So just be patient as you wait for your mustache to grow in.
How To Trim And Shape Mustache?
Once have enough bulk and thickness on your upper lip and picked your mustache style do some prep work:
- Clean your mustache before trimming – it will help soften the hair follicles, making them easier to cut.
- Opt for the tools: beard comb, scissors or trimmer, and a mirror.
Then you can approach trimming a mustache, considering the chosen style. If you don’t know how to trim a mustache, take the barber’s advice:
- Comb your mustache and dry it.
- Lift the hairs using a comb and snip at them to a uniform length.
- If you are wondering how to cut a mustache to keep the symmetry, take out length, make your way from the outside in towards the center, and then again from the opposite direction.
There are some husks on how to shape a mustache if you want to have a handlebar one. First, edge clean up a few times a week, to manage stubble as it sprouts. Second, grow the outermost hair a bit longer than the inner stretch to have an opportunity to style it upwards with some wax for the proper look.
How To Cut A Mustache Like A Pro?
No glorious mustache comes without a good wax. Before making any cuts, throw some wax into your mustache to see what you’re working with. A mustache can look quite different when wet or un-groomed, so keeping the wax in while you’re trimming will also aid in your precision.
Use clippers or a single-edge safety razor for regular trims instead of an electric razor, if your mustache hasn’t grown enough and appears fuller.
When maintaining your mustache, use a facial cleanser without a bleaching effect. Also, try to avoid picking or scratching your mustache. These habits can cause ingrown hairs.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.