It doesn’t matter how well-designed your website, how entertaining and informative your content, or how wonderful your offer if you don’t have website traffic. Without website traffic, almost no-one will visit your website to appreciate all its marvelous features. And, of course, no traffic means no subscribers and no buyers for any products.
[pullquote]If you don’t find a way of getting website traffic, you may decide not to renew your domain name.[/pullquote]
Fortunately, there are so many options available when it comes to driving traffic to your website that there is no need for things to come to this dire end. However, it’s also easy to get overwhelmed by the abundance, consequently doing nothing or making a few arbitrary choices on what website traffic methods to use. Below we are presenting 4 ways to start getting traffic to your website.
1. Paid Advertising
When it comes to getting website traffic fast, ppc digital marketing ranks at the top. This type of marketing strategy uses search engine marketing platforms like Google, Bing, and Yahoo; display advertising; media buys, and retargeting. It also includes advertising on social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and advertising on video ad networks like YouTube.
2. Write Guest Posts
When you write guest posts, you may not receive payments, but if you’ve chosen a popular website, one with thousands, tens of thousands, or even millions of readers, then you’ll be able to build a relationship with your audience and get a link back to your website. In your author resource box at the end of the article, it’s advisable to send visitors to a landing page instead of directly to your website. A landing page will offer visitors a useful gift in exchange for their email contact information. Using guest posts you will be able to build your email list fast.
3. Schmooze On Social Media
Social media can be effective if you have a plan of action. Otherwise, you can waste hours every day getting all caught up on posting, commenting, and sharing posts that you like. It’s a lot of fun, but a random act of gregariousness isn’t exactly marketing. A plan of action could include techniques like joining groups who share an interest in your niche, building a relationship with influencers, providing a steady stream of posts related to your website theme, and creating fan pages to connect with customers.
An overlooked but highly valuable platform is Pinterest. Here is a strategy you could use on Pinterest to generate more traffic.
- After you sign up, enable Pinterest analytics, RichPins, and Facebook. Then create Open Graph on your blog, and validate your blog with Pinterest. Also familiarize yourself with Pinterest Guides, the Marketing Blog, the Video Library, and the Tools.
- Join a group board related to your niche.
- Use the best images you can find for your pin, and amplify its value by using text in your image.
- Use copywriting techniques for you pin descriptions. Be helpful, offer details, elicit interest, and create a call-to-action.
- Pin during peak times on the weekend, which based on analytics appears to starts rising after 3 pm Friday and reach its peak on Saturday morning and then begin to fall on Sunday. Best time to pin, then, is Saturday morning. Conversely, the worst time to pin is during the week because most people are often at work during the week or too tired to check out pins after a workday.
How To Create A Sustainable Target Generation Strategy
One of the best ways to create a sustainable marketing plan is to divide website traffic into short-term and long-term traffic. Short-term traffic can get you visitors in as little as a few hours, unfortunately, when you stop using these traffic generation tactics your traffic will dry out. Meanwhile, long-term traffic generation works in just the opposite way. Although it will take time to generate traffic, you will get a continuous stream of website traffic from your new traffic sources.
Instead of thinking of short- and long-term traffic generation as a sequence, it’s much better to do them both at the same time. This way, you’re getting immediate traffic but at the same time also building a way to create a continuous traffic stream. So, for example, if you’re using paid traffic to generate immediate traffic, you should also work on content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO).
For more traffic-generating techniques here on Bit Rebels, click here!