International E-commerce it’s a popular topic nowadays. In this article, we would like to talk about how to start selling abroad if you have a web store. So, we propose you to get acquainted with the plan of the article and let’s get started. Table of content:
- How to prepare your website for the foreign market?
- Ways to translate the content of the website
- A brief review of tools for the translation of online store
- Final thoughts
How To Prepare Your Website For The Foreign Market?
This process is long and requires time, special preparations, and a systematic approach. It’s like a marathon where you need to overcome a long distance and finally get the desired result. Your store can be million times successful in the local market. Anyway, to conquer the foreign market, you should start from the beginning. So, the steps are the following:
- Translation: create multilingual content for countries where you want to sell.
- Localization: adaptation of the content to the local market.
- SEO optimization: new keywords, translation of SEO tags, hreflangs, domain, etc.
- Marketing: advertisement in local mass media, social networks, email marketing strategies, etc.
In total, all these steps will allow you to enter the foreign market and get profit. Anyway, in this article, we will talk about the first point.
Ways To Translate The Content Of The Website
Using different platforms you can move your business online or create it there from scratch. Furthermore, you can develop a business and start selling abroad. This can be possible thanks to the different applications and services. There are several ways for content translation:
- Auto-translation – use special translation plugins that will add multilingual content to your store in a matter of minutes.
- Professional translation – order human professional translation. This method requires time but the quality will be on the highest level.
- Manual translation – if you speak the language into which you want to translate the store.
But what if we say, that there are services that allow translating your store using all three methods described above? We think they can save your time a lot. Let’s consider one of them below.
A Brief Review Of Tools For The Translation Of Online Store
Multiple CMS services exist on the Internet. Each of them provides tools that can improve websites including translation services. For example, the Shopify platform provides multiple applications for content auto and professional translation. One of them is the LangShop app. That’s a translation and localization application that allows translating the Shopify store in 3 simple steps:
- You choose languages for translation.
- Select categories that you want to translate.
- Click Next to launch the translation process.
You can also order a professional translation or use AI translation drivers as Google Professional and DeepL Pro. Translation it’s just the first step on the way to foreign markets. You translate content but it’s not enough.
As we said above, you need to localize, optimize, and advertise your brand. The most amazing thing about the LangShop app is that this tool provides also localization and SEO optimization services.
If we consider other platforms (WordPress, BigCommerce, PrestaShop, etc.), you will also find the list of translation apps. For example, for the WordPress website, you can choose Weglot, Polylang, or WPML. You can use the cross-platform tool Localizer for BigCommerce, 3dCart, Drupal, Jimdo, and other websites. The principle of their work is about the same as in LangShop.
The Internet opens millions of business opportunities. If you want to expand your e-business, firstly, translate the store for your foreign audience. Each CMS provides translation solutions that can help you to add multilingual content. Combine auto- and professional translation, localize and advertise your website and you will reach success on the target market.
If you are interested in even more technology-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, then we have a lot to choose from.